Characters / Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Characters who have appeared in Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
- Expy: Most of the characters in MM were lifted straight from the original or StH, with the exceptions of...
Adam / Amanda
The main character of the game.
- Dub Name Change: They're "Tina" and "Tito" in Japan.
- Girlish Pigtails: Amanda, despite being an adult.
- Expy: Amanda is pretty much Sara with pigtails and different colored clothes. Adam is even closer to Pete.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: They're quite youthful and are The Hero.
- Nice Hat: Adam sports one, as is traditional in the series.
- Silent Protagonist: Played with. When the player acquires a note, s/he shouts "Lucky!". When they catch a fish, they say "I got—". When they talk to someone in cutscenes, they are shown speaking, but no lines of dialogue comes out from them.
- Suddenly Voiced: In My Little Shop.
- Vocal Dissonance: Adam has a pretty deep voice while he looks almost prepubescent thanks to the Super-Deformed style.
Your rival. Always the opposite gender as you, but is androgynous enough to pass off as either a boy or a girl.
- The Ace: When compared to you on how high the record is between you and them.
- Ambiguous Gender: It's even implied that in-series Jamie's gender is ambiguous.
- Bishōnen/Bifauxnen: Like any marriageable candidate, Jamie is conventionally good-looking. And since their gender is customisable, Jamie can be seen as a Long-Haired Pretty Boy or a handsome girl.
- Foe Yay: Jamie is the player's business rival, but is also a marriage candidate option in the English version.
- Gender-Blender Name: Enforced. Since Jamie can be either male or female, depending on the player's gender, their name have to be androgynous enough to suit both genders.
- Non-Standard Game Over: If you marry him/her in the English version. This is because Jamie was not available to marry in the Japanese version. It was added in the English version.
- Red String of Fate: While you don't have to marry him/her, and we don't encourage you to, everyone in the games has a love interest who they will happily court if it weren't for you, thus making you the canon pairing. This is mostly due to the fact the Japanese version didn't have Jamie as a love interest.
- The Rival: The local rival farmer.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has violet hair.
- Expy: Of Gray in 64.
- Nice Hat: Just like Gray. The word on it uses the Kunrei-shiki romanization (which also gave rise to the infamous "Natsume misspelled their own name" myth) rather than the Hepburn system; most people familiar with the latter would recognize it as "ushi" (cow), by reference to Gray's "uma" (horse) hat.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't speak much.
- The Ditz: He doesn't really know what to talk about besides fishing. And if he likes you then he starts becoming incredibly nervous and awkward around you... even after you're married.
- The Drifter: Doesn't apparently live anywhere. It's left vague where he even sleeps.
- Expy: Of Cliff, both in appearance and the apparent lack of permanent housing.
- Expy: Bares a resemblance to Jeff (though is younger, blonder, and clean shaven) and is a baker like he was in 64.
- Expy: He looks like the peddler from the original game but has a different role and personality.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It's never specified what happened but she greatly fears death, doesn't want to grow up, and has constant nightmares.
- Expy: She visually resembles the fortune teller's granddaughter from the first game.
- Primal Fear: She has a noticeable fear of death