Characters: Harvest Moon DS
Characters who have appeared in Harvest Moon: DS (Cute).See also:
- Harvest Moon Original Series: The original SNES game
- Harvest Moon Game Boy: The Game Boy/Game Boy Color series (Harvest Moon 3)
- Harvest Moon 64: Harvest Moon 64
- Harvest Moon: Mineral Town: Back to Nature, and Friends of Mineral Town
- Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life and AWL: Special Edition
- Harvest Moon Save The Homeland: Save the Homeland and Hero of Leaf Valley
- Harvest Moon: Magical Melody: Magical Melody
- Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness: Island of Happiness, Sunshine Islands and Frantic Farming
- Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility: Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade
- Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar
- Harvest Moon My Little Shop
- Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning: A New Beginning
- Story Of Seasons: Story Of Seasons
- Expy: Almost everyone. Seriously, this takes place one hundred years after A Wonderful Life and yet all the villagers have the same appearances, homes, and even names as their ancestors.
- The name part is more so Natsume's fault, they had different names in the Japanese version. The home thing makes sense too since they've probably lived in the same valley for generations.
Flora (DS)Assistant to the archaeologist, Carter, and by what one assumes is popular demand, marriagable for the first time in DS. While intelligent and strong, she's not a very good cook. She has a crush on the professor, since she's been working with him for so long.
- Action Girl: She's a blackbelt, as her Stalker with a Crush Daryl finds out first-hand. In the DS version, she'll teach you some of her signature moves.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Again, blackbelt.
- The Ditz: She was given a slight version of this. Not helped by the fact that she speaks with prolonged words and uses ~ at the end of her sentences a lot.
- Hot Scientist: Well, hot archaeologist.
- Meaningful Name: Averted. Flora hates plants.
- One-Note Cook: Makes a mean curry and nothing else edible.
- Platonic Life Partners: Interestingly, she and Carter remain this even if the PC marries her (in DS) or Carter (in Cute). In Cute, if you marry Carter and have a daughter, he'll even say that Flora should be her godmother.
- Technicolor Eyes: They're purple.
Carter (DS)An archaeologist who runs the dig site; he's somewhat attracted to his partner, Flora. He was just another NPC in A(nother) Wonderful Life, but he became a rival/bachelor in DS (Cute). He seems grouchy, but pours his full enthusiasm into everything he does.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: OK, so he doesn't do a lot of adventuring, but he has the spirit of one.
- Does Not Like Spam: Everyone in the valley really loves curry... except him. He hates it, especially when Flora makes it.
- Face Palm: One of his favorite expressions.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: One event has him trying fruitlessly to get out of having to eat Flora's curry. He can't eat it, because... [Player Character walks in]—he, uh, promised he'd go eat lunch with Hello, Insert Name Here! Didn't he? (Be nice and rescue the man.)
- May-December Romance: He and Flora aren't too far apart, but he and the PC of DS Cute are.
- Platonic Life Partners: He and Flora remain close friends even if one of them marries the PC. It's especially prominent in DS Cute, where she calms his Panicky Expectant Father tendencies.
- Precursors: He got into archaeology because he thinks he might be descended from them. In a ridiculously difficult-to-see-scene, the Harvest Goddess tells him he's not, but he ignores her because he's not about to give up his life's work.
Griffin (DS)He's the owner of the Blue Bar. He's a calm, gentle man who loves to play music and mix up drinks. He's known Muffy for a long time, and they're very close. In A Wonderful Life, in which he debuted, he was the male rival for Muffy but not a bachelor in Another Wonderful Life. He's both in DS (Cute).
- May-December Romance: Both him and Muffy and him and the PC. If you go after him, he even asks you if you think you can really be attracted to a man his age.
Skye (Steiner)Called "The Phantom Thief," he slinks around the valley looking for things to abscond with. He always warns his victims before appearing, and he thinks his destiny is to be a curry chef. He flirts shamelessly with the ladies, regardless of their age or marital status. Some of them are receptive to it. Others... aren't.
- The Charmer
- Dating Catwoman: To a certain extent. Most of his heart events occur when he's stealing stuff from someone. Eventually, he says that some of his later thefts were only for a chance to see the main character.
- Gentleman Thief
- If I Can't Have You: If you try to propose he'll just assume you're showing him that you've gotten yourself a blue feather. He'll later break into your house to steal it so you can't propose to someone else, at which point you have to let him know it was intended for him anyway.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Non-Standard Character Design: Compared to the other bachelors in the game. Compared to them, he looks like he comes straight out of a manga, and is arguably the hottest of them.
- Not a Morning Person: Out of all the men you can marry in this game, he's the only one who will still be sleeping when you wake up in the morning.
- Power Perversion Potential: His
- Secret Character: Unless you have read a guide or gone to Lumina's mansion at 10 PM by any chance that triggers a cutscene which makes Skye into an eligible bachelor, you wouldn't have known that Skye even existed in the game. And even after you triggered the cutscene, he's really hard to find and is exhausting to your character, as he appears every night from east of Vesta's Farm.
- Sissy Villain: OK, "Villain" isn't quite right—he's a Gentleman Thief more than anything—but he's definitely a little bit on the foppish side.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Curry.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's a silvery-white.
LeiaA cute mermaid, she was rescued by Daryl. At first, she looks like another one of his experiments, but he actually cares deeply about her and wants to learn about mermaid culture from her. In return, she cooks for him and is his friend.
- Interspecies Romance
- Mermaid Problem: You can marry her. She lives in your fish pond. She still somehow has a normal human child. ...Uhhh...
- Morality Pet: She's Daryl's. He genuinely cares for her.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: They don't like human food whatsoever, apparently.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: She's one of the available bachelorettes, but she's "special," so she has no rival. However, her relationship with Daryl is actually somewhat cute—they act a bit like a married couple at times.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
KeriaA princess who sleeps deep within the mines at Carter and Flora's excavation site. She does not speak, but has a tablet to write on. She was imprisoned there by the Witch Princess. She's one of the available bachelorettes, but be warned—just going to see her every day is no small feat, and she has expensive tastes.
- Cute Mute
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Averted. Although she's asleep when you first meet her, Keria wakes up whenever you talk/give gifts to her.
- Long Distance Relationship: She lives on the 255th floor of a mine, while you are a surface-dweller. Subverted - once you manage to woo and marry her, she'll live in your house with you.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Keria is several hundred years old, and possibly an immortal.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's Keria, not Keira, even though the latter is an actual common name.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: This is how she writes in the English version.
LuminaA well-spoken young girl who lives in the mansion; Romana's granddaughter.
- Lonely Rich Kid & Rich Boredom: She doesn't really do much, and, unless you connect to either of the Mineral Town GBA games (triggering her friend Mary to visit once in a while), she doesn't seem to have any friends.
- Spoiled Sweet: She lives in an enormous house with her own butler and a fountain in the garden, but she's nothing but kind and friendly the vast majority of the time.