Characters who have appeared in Harvest Moon DS (Cute)
- Expy: Almost everyone. Seriously, this takes place one hundred years after A Wonderful Life and yet all the villagers have the same appearances, homes, and even names as their ancestors.
- The name part is more so Natsume's fault, they had different names in the Japanese version. The home thing makes sense too since they've probably lived in the same valley for generations.
Assistant to the archaeologist, Carter, and by what one assumes is popular demand, marriagable for the first time in DS.
While intelligent and strong, she's not a very good cook. She has a crush on the professor, since she's been working with him for so long.
An archaeologist who runs the dig site; he's somewhat attracted to his partner, Flora. He was just another NPC in A(nother) Wonderful Life,
but he became a rival/bachelor in DS (Cute).
He seems grouchy, but pours his full enthusiasm into everything he does.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: OK, so he doesn't do a lot of adventuring, but he has the spirit of one.
- Does Not Like Spam: Everyone in the valley really loves curry... except him. He hates it, especially when Flora makes it.
- Face Palm: One of his favorite expressions.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: One event has him trying fruitlessly to get out of having to eat Flora's curry. He can't eat it, because... [Player Character walks in]—he, uh, promised he'd go eat lunch with Hello, Insert Name Here! Didn't he? (Be nice and rescue the man.)
- May-December Romance: He and Flora aren't too far apart, but he and the PC of DS Cute are.
- Platonic Life Partners: He and Flora remain close friends even if one of them marries the PC. It's especially prominent in DS Cute, where she calms his Panicky Expectant Father tendencies.
- Precursors: He got into archaeology because he thinks he might be descended from them. In a ridiculously difficult-to-see-scene, the Harvest Goddess tells him he's not, but he ignores her because he's not about to give up his life's work.
He's the owner of the Blue Bar.
He's a calm, gentle man who loves to play music and mix up drinks. He's known Muffy for a long time, and they're very close. In A Wonderful Life,
in which he debuted, he was the male rival for Muffy but not a bachelor in Another Wonderful Life.
He's both in DS/Cute.
- May-December Romance: Both him and Muffy and him and the PC. If you go after him, he even asks you if you think you can really be attracted to a man his age.
Called "The Phantom Thief," he slinks around the valley looking for things to abscond with. He always warns his victims before appearing, and he thinks his destiny is to be a curry chef. He flirts shamelessly with the ladies, regardless of their age or marital status. Some of them are receptive to it. Others... aren't.
- The Charmer
- Dating Catwoman: To a certain extent. Most of his heart events occur when he's stealing stuff from someone. Eventually, he says that some of his later thefts were only for a chance to see the main character.
- Gentleman Thief
- If I Can't Have You: If you try to propose he'll just assume you're showing him that you've gotten yourself a blue feather. He'll later break into your house to steal it so you can't propose to someone else, at which point you have to let him know it was intended for him anyway.
- Not a Morning Person: Out of all the men you can marry in this game, he's the only one who will still be sleeping when you wake up in the morning.
- Power Perversion Potential: His
Rape Chick Beam.
- Sissy Villain: OK, "Villain" isn't quite right—he's a Gentleman Thief more than anything—but he's definitely a little bit on the foppish side.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Curry.
A cute mermaid, she was rescued by Daryl
. At first, she looks like another one of his experiments, but he actually cares deeply about her and wants to learn about mermaid culture from her. In return, she cooks for him and is his friend.
A princess who sleeps deep within the mines at Carter and Flora's excavation site. She does not speak, but has a tablet to write on. She was imprisoned there by the Witch Princess.
She's one of the available bacheleorettes, but be warned—just going to see her every day is no small feat, and she has expensive tastes.
A well-spoken young girl who lives in the mansion; Romana's granddaughter.
- Lonely Rich Kid & Rich Boredom: She doesn't really do much, and, unless you connect to Fo MT (triggering her friend Mary to visit once in a while), she doesn't seem to have any friends.
- Spoiled Sweet: She lives in an enormous house with her own butler and a fountain in the garden, but she's nothing but kind and friendly the vast majority of the time.