Voiced by Akira Ishida (JP), Daniel Kevin Harrison (EN).
- But Thou Must!: Attempted on him many times, with varying results
- Evil Twin: Gokudo is this to his brother.
- Fartillery: One of Gokudo's lethal attacks.
- Gender Bender: Ends up with a girl's body at least twice, and that runs at least half of the anime's run.
- Laser-Guided Karma: To say Gokudo is Karma's bitch is putting it mildly. EVERY bad thing he does gets returned to him ten fold in the most dissatisfying way possible.
- Nominal Hero
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Attempted many times but always forced back into the plot. Though interestingly enough, his reluctance to go along with the quests laid out for him leads him to saving the day in ways most people wouldn't think.
- Static Character: Despite everyone's best efforts to try and subvert/avert otherwise.
- Token Evil Teammate
- Vitriolic Best Buds with Rubette and Djin.
Voiced by Sayuri Yoshida (JP), Debora Rabbai (EN).
- Action Girl
- Distaff Counterpart: to Gokudo, including her hair style and fighting capability.
- Dreadful Musician: Rubette has a VERY bad singing voice.
- Pragmatic Hero and closest thing the series has to an traditional Anti-Hero.
Voiced by Yutaka Shimaka [male] / Mami Kingetsu [female] (JP), Chunky Mon [male] / Jessica Calvello [female] (EN).
- Benevolent Genie: Djinn, who highly emphasizes on good will and morals. So much that he refused to grant Gokudo's first three wishes when they first met (wealth, power, and women) because they were all selfish desires.
- Beta Couple with Nanya.
- Gender Bender: Has a much different looking female form.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!
- Shapeshifting: Can turn himself and others into the opposite sex, various dragons, or other forms with his magic.
Voiced by Shinichiro Miki (JP), Ted Lewis (EN).
- Anti-Villain: Used magic to charm women, even though he doesn't need to, until his mother forced him to join Gokudo's party.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Defeat Means Friendship: Sort of.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Mr. Vice Guy: More so than Gokudo. When first met, he has three princesses fawning over him (brainwashed though).
Voiced by Junko Hori (JP), Sonny Weil(EN).
- Big Good: With two factions of Jerkass Gods, evil hermits, witches, and demons running about; as Queen of the Magic World, she's one of the few benevolent forces in-universe.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Gokudo simply calls the mysterious fortune teller Granny since the first episode he saw her, while everyone else goes along with it. Djinn simply calls her Master, because she's the first owner of his magic stone.
- Really 700 Years Old
- The Trickster: A positive example, uses her powers to keep problematic characters check.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Disguises herself in a variety of forms.
Voiced by Manabi Mizuno (JP), Carolyn Dinicola (EN).
- Author Avatar of Usagi Nakamura.
- Bragging Theme Tune: she sings for the Dumpling King's advertisement with two pigs as backup singers.
- Painting the Medium: is responsible for the various transitions.
The Dumpling King
Voiced by Yuuichi Nagashima (JP), Bill Timoney (EN).
- Goldfish Poop Gang: Chases after Gokudo for not paying for his meal.
- Supreme Chef: He's able to make zombie meat taste good.
Voiced by Makiko Ohmoto (JP), Georgette Reilly (EN).
- Our Demons Are Different: Looks like a bald child.
- The Trickster: A negative example, tries to steal souls.