open/close all folders
- Badass Family: Most of Damien's family line is made up of monster hunters. It all started with John Seward, one of the protagonists of Dracula, which makes it even more badass.
- Badass Normal: He's one of the few normal humans at the school that can hold out his own against probably everyone else, though time may vary upon who it is he is fighting.
- Chaotic Good: Despite being near Crowley-levels of asshole-ish, Damien is a good person, though he doesn't mind destroying mountains or killing people to achieve his victory.
- Cool Sword: The broadsword Damien owns.
- It was previously his uncle Owen's sword.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Damien shoots James Callahan when the latter smacks Sarina.
- He promises to actually kill James off if anything like that happens again.
- In the Blood: Damien has his family skill of monster hunting.
- The Hunter: While he runs the family business on the side, Damien is a professional at his family's occupation of monster hunting.
- Turn Out Like His Father: After his monster-killing father died, Damien became a monster hunter as well.
- Zeppelins from Another World: Damien gets one some time after Arc 2.
EVE (and SAM-E)
- Robot Girl: Self-explanatory.
- Morality Dial: Whenever SAM-E, takes over control, she makes a drastic change in personalty.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: SAM-E
- Squishy Wizard
- Green Thumb
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green hair is nice.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Ivy's "Plant Gauntlet".
- Character Development: Got hell of a one after being in Heavensgate.
- Creepy Child
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Emotionless Girl: After a month at the school, who would not be?
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge
- Impossible Genius
- Only One Name
- Super Intelligence
- The Snark Knight: Eventually.
"The Great and Mighty" Lazrian.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He may sound like all bluster and ego, but he's over five centuries old, with a short fuse, and an encyclopedia of ways to end your existence as painfully as he can.
- Born Lucky: How he survived the frequent suicide missions his fellow hellspawn sent him on, resulting in his enormous ego.
- Dumb Muscle
- Extreme Omnivore: If it can fit in his gaping maw, he can eat it.
- Iron Buttmonkey
- Jabba Table Manners: As befitting a 9 and half foot tall hellspawn, his table manners leave something to be desired.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Pompous, self obsessed, ridiculously self serving...but he's got a heart buried in there somewhere.
- Pet the Dog: Decides to take Maria under his wing, and boost her confidence. He even hugs her.
- Small Name BIG Ego: Basically thinks of himself as the greatest thing since sliced bread. In reality, he's a virtual nobody.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Isn't really trained in any form of fighting, but makes up for it by being a total wrecking machine.
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Hormone-Addled Teenager
- Imagination-Based Superpower: His sound manipulation powers tend to work along these lines.
- Jewish and Nerdy
- Non-Action Snarker
- Off with His Head!: He dies when a demon chops off his head during a fight.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- Beware the Nice Ones: After putting up with several years of abuse and neglect Maria snapped and leveled half a city block. When she was nine.
- Bring My Brown Pants: She has the tendency to wet herself and faint when scared.
- Cowardly Lion
- Desperately Craves Affection
- Evil Laugh
- Guilt Complex
- Super Strength
- The Woobie: And how...
- Badass Adorable
- Berserker Tears: When she thought Rayne was dead and slaughtered waves of demons, crying the entire time.
- Book Dumb
- Beware the Nice Ones=Beware the Silly Ones: She's got one hell of a temper.
- Cat Girl
- Cute Bruiser: Despite being a small catgirl, she's one of the most physically powerful of all the characters.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Completely subverted. She always introduces herself as "Hello. My name is Sarina, but you can call me Sari-chan. Everyone does." Not a single person ever has.
- Once, Rayne was about to, but actually corrected herself midway through.
- Except after some time, she totally does call Sarina "Sari-chan."
- Once, Rayne was about to, but actually corrected herself midway through.
- Drop the Hammer: Specifically, drop it on Laz's head for ruining her skirt. Several times.
- Genki Girl
- Hammerspace: Her one and only power.
- Hyperspace Mallet: What else is she going to pull out of that Hammerspace?
- Only One Name: Sarina. Just Sarina.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Super Strength
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Specifically the scene where she hugged the rabbit queen.
- Weapon of Choice: She's a Cute Bruiser so of course she uses a hammer.
- Butt Monkey: His name is synonymous with doing something horrendously stupid.
- Canada, Eh?
- Combat Pragmatist: Despite including parkour and professional wrestling moves in his fighting style, is still not afraid to hit people in the balls when necessary, as well as bring weapons into fistfights or find ways to make his opponent back off.
- Dual Wielding: For most of the Arc 1 school attack, James dual wields a katana and a customized rapier.
- Fanservice: All of his clothes, save his Aviators for some reason, get burned off when his pyrokinesis activates.
- Jerk With A Heartof Gold: Apparently in Arc 1. Definitely not in Arc 2
- Katanas Are Just Better: Wields one during the Arc 1 school attack, and makes good use of it.
- Le Parkour: Is an amateur practitioner, and incorporates it into his fighting style.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Show-off, has an ego, pervert, quick to anger, Canadian, but still more than willing to put his life on the line instead of his fellow students, and even some teachers. Lost this between Arcs 1 and 2.
- Man on Fire: How he looked after his pyrokinesis activates completely for the first time.
- Playing with Fire: Is a pyrokinetic, but until recently was unable to use it.
- Powerup Letdown: His pyrokinesis. Activates right before Loki is going to kill him, puts him magically on par with Loki... But still leaves him as physically weak as a human, allowing Loki to break his arm with one hand. Then his powers get accidentally drained by Allen due to his physical contact with Loki, Allan's true target.
- Really Gets Around: Not as bad as some others, but still has that element.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His eyes turned red when his powers awakened.
- Royal Rapier: Wields a customized one during the Arc 1 school attack, and makes good use of it.
- Too Dumb to Live: So infamous for this it has gone meta, with "Jamesing" now being shorthand for doing something really, really stupid.
- Took a Level in Badass
- Took a Level in Jerkass
- Weak, but Skilled: When unable to utilize his pyrokinesis, James relies on his agility, parkour training, and martial arts abilities to fight, and is quite skilled with it.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Incorporates some of the more practical moves, such as dropkicks, into his fighting style, although rarely utilizes them. He did, however, use a standing dropkick to help take out War-Bot during the first Gladiator Games, and later a snap suplex on Zacheriah in Atlantis.
- Retired Badass: Used to work for some sort of supernatural version of The Men in Black.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Use of Time Accel inflicts a significant strain on Allan's heart, allowing him only to reach a triple acceleration. Anything more would likely kill him. Coupled with .
- Cool Old Guy
- The Obi-Wan: Employed as a history teacher, because clearly all that practical knowledge would be best used teaching some kids about the past.
- Weak, but Skilled: Allan is a marksman, with a pinpoint aim
- The Unfettered: Well, yeah. Sometimes.
- Always Need What You Gave Up: Gave up a lot of his powers, rendering him Willfully Weak.
- Morton's Fork: Allan's Origin Ammo. Heavy caliber round capable of inflicting severe damage, especially to a magic user. When using magic at the point of impact, the mage will suffer from significant internal damage and permanently-severed Magic Circuits, reducing their magical prowess. The damage is proportional to the mage's power, so being weak might actually pay off.
- An Axe to Grind
- Dirty Coward: Pierre's defining trait, essentially.
- Face–Heel Turn: Joins the Fae out of cowardice. Dies fighting Lewis.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Him and Laz are best friends.
- Improvised Weapon User: At one point, he tears a rib out of a giant and uses it as a dagger.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Pierre and Laz aren't really heroes, but they care for each other.
- Neck Snap
- Neutral Evil: Technically, Pierre is on the side of the heros. Emphasis on "technically".
- Super Toughness: Pierre's main power is basically the ability to soak up incredible amounts of damage. That's pretty much it.
- Super Strength
- The Cynic
- Token Evil Teammate: Not really "evil". More of "asshole".
- Took a Level in Jerkass: A major one in Arc 2. Does this several times, actually.
Edward Alexander Crowley
- Aleister Crowley
- Bad Ass: Stated to be the most powerful human in the world.
- Evil Brit: Not evil. Just a jerkass.
- Jerk Ass
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: This is a stretch.
- Lampshaded by Lewis after he saves Ivy. His heart is getting more obvious as things go on.
- The Hero: According to Nat.
- Wham Line: He isn't the real Crowley.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: To a lesser extent than most, but yeah. He calls computers "witchboxes" and destroys them, for example.
- Deal with the Devil: Sells his second into servitude to Set to get his son back. See Pregnant Badass.
- When he is hit by a soul-destroying bullet, he manages to find a loophole and scam Set.
- Death Seeker: To a mild extent. He has considerable fears of death at first, but eventually resolves not to worry about it. He willingly dies to save Rosalind and foil Set.
- Fish out of Water: The source of most it.
- Father to His Men: After producing a family of his own, he mellows considerably and attempts to become this. Some resent it.
- Heroic Sacrifice: To save his daughter, he takes a soul-destroying bullet.
- Only Sane Man: When paired with most of the rest of the cast.
- Four-Star Badass: As the Bear King, a role akin to the President of the United States. Prefers fighting to commanding, however, and leaves that to his subordinates.
- Mountain Man
- Nature Hero: Though, rather than be friendly to nature, it obeys him because of fear.
- His favorite hobby is attacking bears.
- Really 700 Years Old: Was born in the 1790's and looks about 45 in 2018.
- Red Baron: The Red Menace, amongst several other names.
- The Dreaded: Amongst the bears.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: To Megan.
Lewis Jameson* Alternate Universe: He's the original Lewis, pre-reboot. * Canon Immigrant: From the original Elfen High. * Walking Spoiler: Lewis lives. Sort of.