Characters: Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar!
Throughout the four threads seen so far called "Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar!" there have been many, many contestants
. While the actual number is no doubt far less than more famous games, there is still an appreciable multitude. Here are some of the players who participated in all four threads and/or made a suitably memorable impression on the thread(s) they were in (in alphabetical order, and with avatars listed in order of first appearance):
open/close all folders
started playing in v3 with Jack Clive, and has been playing on and off ever since. She tends to use left-handed characters since she's left-handed herself, and she's very particular about both location and detailed description of the action. Getting shot doesn't cut it for her—She has to know where she got shot, with what kind of ammunition, from what direction, etc. Despite being a Large Ham
in real life, most of the characters she plays tend to keep a low profile. Close-combat melee fighters are her specialty.
Characters she has played as:
- Jack Clive — An original character from Project One Fifty Four (A project of Anne Beeche's that no longer has a page). He is essentially Super Weight level 1, though has natural night vision, comparable with most animals'. Prefers lead pipes, revolvers, and shotguns. Does not know how to read. Speaks English.
- Borghildr — Another original character, from Anne Beeche's complete rehash of Beowulf. Valkyrja, super-weight level 2. Proficient with a wide variety of weapons from the Migration period, her personal specialty being the sword. May also use spitting mead as a distraction. Is equipped with rings of strength on both feet and right hand, giving those limbs literally the strength to tear off a giant's arm. Speaks Proto-Nordic, but may come with a translator.
- Beowulf — From the rehash, not the original. Completely unsuited for battle, but has a fantastic singing voice and a talent for the lyre. Decent with a seax when it counts (as long as he doesn't faint from the sight of blood), has a talent for rune-work. Also, left-handed. Speaks Proto-Nordic.
- Snow Villiers — My first non-original character in the Arena. Quite easily a Super Weight level 2 with his L'cie abilities and AMP-enhanced strength. I took away Sovereign Fist and Shiva to make things fair, spells are more dynamic in what he can do with them. Has a Speaks ambiguous English.
- Twilight Princess Link w/ Midna — Another non-original character, Super Weight level 2, is the Hero, obviously. The first time I used him, he came equipped with only the bow and arrow alongside his sword and shield. He is completely mute, Hylian is assumed to be ambiguous English.
- Niloufar — Another character from Project One Fifty Four. Has a talent for explosives, heavy artillery, and dead-pan delivery. First time used, came equipped with an M16, revolver, and grenades.
has played in "Enter the Arena As Your Avatar (v3)", but did not play in v1 or v2. While her first avatar didn't do much fighting, it deserves mentioning that Recette's weapons dealing business did rather well in the Arena, for all that her starting stock was only standard RPG weaponry and supplies. She has played as:
used to be a rare visitor in V4, though he's seen there more often as of recently. His most notable contribution to the game was an unauthorized boss battle against the Anti-Spiral
in a scaled-down Grand Zamboa
. He is also significantly involved in Devil Psyco's Army "continuity", wherein his King Sombra
has taken the role of Big Bad
from Porky and Pseudo Porky after the latter's Heel-Face Turn
. Arachnos is fond of high-powered battles and most of his characters are very powerful. He has played as:
joined on V3 when the Williamette Mall is the setting. He has a tendency to play as faceless, silent Blood Knights
or assorted mooks. So far, he had played as:
played in "Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar!" and "Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar (Version 2: No Supernaturals)", and started the third thread, "Enter the Arena As Your Avatar (v3)". He then ended v3 with a Boss Rush
finale that culminated in an Arty vs Knowless vs players free-for-all, creating the fourth thread shortly thereafter as Knowlessman. The characters he has played as are:
- Laeven the apprentice wizard note , in v1, v2, v3, and v4.
- The Nac Mac Feegles in v1 note .
- An unnamed, solitary Feegle in v3.
- Mattias Nilsson in v2, v3, and v4.
- Agent Carr in v2 and v3.
- Bun-bun in v2 and v3.
- Tip Tucker in v3 (twice).
- A rogue Cackle in v3.
- Mewtwo in v3 (first bossfight and finale).
- The bridgekeeper from Monty Python and the Holy Grail in v3 (Leadup to the second bossfight).
- Soul Edge, and possessed!Gear in v3 (second bossfight and finale).
- Nightmare, during v3's finale (mostly because nobody fell for it the second time around).
- Tzekel Kan in v3 (third bossfight and finale).
- A demon ape... thing from an iPod Touch game called Temple Run in v3.
- A Frost Troll from Skyrim, for all of about one post, in v3.
- A Mad Prophet from Magic: The Gathering in v3 (Herald of the fourth bossfight).
- Crona in v3 (fourth bossfight and finale).
- Lesser A'Tuin note , in v3.
- The Blue Novice, an OC created in MS Paint, in v4.
- PEPSI MAAAAAN in v4.
- The Incredible Hulk in v4.
- Hiro the Mini Ninja in v4.
- Shun, too, for a bit note .
- Voldemort in v4, for all of two seconds.
- Leif and Jessica from Hellsing in v4.
- Some kind of mammoth skeleton with its tusks jammed in its eye sockets in v4.
- Rusty the Rust Monster in v4.
- Some kinda eldritch... line cloud figure thing in v4.
Black Mage Anolis
New to v4, he started out with Mog
, and has since moved on to several other characters. He is prone to use metafiction for either comedic situations or for the fights themselves. Has a habit for using the score
from Radiant Silvergun
as battle music.
The characters he uses are:
- A party of Mog, Relm, Sabin, and Gau
- Black Mage
- Female!Black Mage
- Blackberry, a Tonberry with the power of a Black Mage
- Paul McCartney
- Buster with a modified blaster that functions like the game's ship, the
- Daddy Long Legs, though he only used it once and his avatar has been removed
- Mare!Giygas, who was his most played and developed character.
- Spike Spiegel
- John Paul Gregory, otherwise known as Johnny. Uses swords and kunai of all kinds, but does bring in different guns from time to time. He also has knowledge of some of the characters from his universe of origin, which is said by Black Mage Anolis to be similar to our own. Now has the powers of the Fume Butt, er, Knight.
- Jean?, the Ender Dragon. Now has power over Gravity thanks to Toa Ignika.
- Waddle Dee, sometimes called Bandee
has competed in all three Arenas, as various different characters. The characters she has played as are:
played in the first two threads, and was one of the players with the most control over the airspace. He has played:
has only played in "Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar!" thus far, but played for most of it, and had quite possibly the strongest avatar in
v1, excepting a possible tie with MuNuXi's Ice and Fire Phoenixes. He played as:
- Chernabog, as represented in Fantasia's Night On Bald Mountain, in v1.
Devil Psyco is a regular visitor of Enter the Arena v4
. He is most notable for having a rich "continuity
" (not a "plot" as the Arena does not have one) involving Walter C. Dornez
, a whole load of Mother
series characters and an army of very varied characters. Characters he plays as or has played as include:
- Ridley (both regular and Meta)
- Imperfect Cell (with Abridged personality and all the powers of Perfect Cell, but incapable of actually evolving any further. He could, however, grow in power by absorbing people)
- Vezon (formerly with Mask of Life, now with a Mask of Shadows granted by [[King Sombra. Was formerly a (mostly) Joke Character but is now a very real threat. One of the founders of "the army", he gathered its members using dimensional travel)
- Shrodinger (mostly played as a Joke Character)
- Kardas Dragon (member of "the army")
- SA-X Parasites (part of "the army")
- Zero Two (member of "the army")
- Master Porky Minch (former leader of "the army", he willingly gave it away to Sombra, but continues playing a role in the events and seems to be the current Big Bad of the continuity.)
- Ultimate Chimera
- Pigmasks with Pigmask Commander (part of "the army")
- Walter C. Dornez (main founder of "the army", as it was his idea to create it in the first place)
- Majora (most powerful member of "the army")
- Fassad (member of "the army")
- Vultraz (member of "the army")
- Porky Bots (part of "the army")
- Mother series main characters - Ninten, Ness, Lucas, The Masked Man
- Meta Knight
- Dark Meta Knight (permanently killed)
- Pseudo Porky (a replica of Porky meant to command "the army" in his absense. Served as Big Bad of the continuity, but underwent a Heel-Face Turn)
- Milo and Duckus
- A bunch of Metroids
- Bass with Treble
- Army of Bohrok, with Elites and Bahrag Queens
- Several Rahkshi
- Toa Ignika
- Lil' Miss Marshmallow (subordinate of Porky)
- Natural Killer Cyborg (subordinate of Porky)
- Steel Mechorilla (subordinate of Porky)
- Seth (original)
- Areui (original)
First appeared in Williamette Hall in v3 and has since then used a myriad of different characters. Some appeared a few times, some had only brief appearances.
Some of the more used characters in v4:
played in the first two threads, and played mostly air-based avatars. The characters he has played as are:
Flash Of Sonic:
Flash Of Sonic
is a new player, joining during the intermission after the third boss fight in v3. The character he is currently playing as is:
joined in v4, in the middle of a fight against Godzilla. He tends to use swordsmen with more abilities than meets the eye, though he's starting to expand beyond this trope. Has formed an unofficial Friendly Rivalry
with The Hobo Tortle
, ever since the battle with Godzilla. Out of the five unique characters he's used, four of them have died at least once. The avatars he's used so far are:
- Archer, the Hero who Nobody Knows | Longbow, projected swords
- Ausar the Vile, Soulless Horror/Deathless Tyrant | Vile Blade, Vile Mace, Vile Thorn, and Holy Band
- Homura Akemi (Commando version), She Who Flies Against Time | Time Shield, lots of guns
- Saber, King of Knights | Invisible Air, Excalibur
- Sorin Markov, Lord of Innistrad | Parasite Blade, summoned creatures
is a seasoned player who, for some reason, is regularly involved in awesome moments
. So far, most of his characters are in the Super Tier
. His played cast is, so far:
- Pohatu, Toa of Stone, Level 3 | Various Kanohi
- Handsome Jack, CEO of Hyperion Corporation, Level 1 | Conference Call
- The Skull Kid, Avatar of Majora, Level 3 | None
- Corvo Attano, Lord Protector, Level 2 | Folding Sword, Crossbow, Pistol
- Elizabeth, Velvet Room Resident, Level 4 | Persona Compendium and Cards
- Captain Takeo Masaki, Officer of the Imperial Navy, Level 2 | Wunderwaffe DG-2, Lamentation, Mustang, Sally, Katana, Gersch Devices, Frags
- Himself, Ordinary American, Level 0 | Misc. School Supplies, Bronze Ruler
- Mario Mario, Italian Plumber, Level 3 | Super Mushrooms
- Minato Arisato, Wild Card Persona-User, Level 3 | Evoker, One-handed Sword
- Mitsuru Kirijo, Persona-User, Level 3 | Evoker, Rapier
- B, the Second, Level 4 | No-dachi (normal), Various ammunition (robotic)
- Piroko, Heavy Weapons Specialist, Level 2 | Lots and lots of Guns
- Naoto Shirogane, Persona-User, Level 3 | Revolver, Nice Hat
- Largo, l33t Master, Level 0 | Matches
- Aigis, Labrys and Shadow Labrys, Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons and Shadow, respectively | Axe (both Labryses), Numerous guns (Aigis)
- Shadow Naoto, Shadow, Level 3 | Bigger Revolver, Nice Hat, Hacksaw
joined in v4 in the middle of the Army continuity arc
, mainly at the behest of Arachnos
who mentioned it to him and beseeched him to join. In comparison to Arachnos's high-power characters, Jonathan seems to have characters that are at varying levels of power, though they tend to be Original Characters
rather than established ones.
He has played the following:
has joined in v4 and has played the following:
A new player, Maple Platoon
joined just in time to participate in the fourth bossfight. So far, she has played as:
New to v4, often seen playing both Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
leads, or Sayaka, Mami, and Kyoko from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
. He has also created and frequently plays as the OC
Puella Magi Isaki.
Furthermore, he also created the notable Miniboss Cyberna
, the Wireframe Witch
Finally and most recently, it seems a new threat has emerged, a twisted incarnation of Nanoha truly befitting her title of the "White Devil". Only time will tell what twisted tales led to her corruption at the hands of Metatron
started the first thread, "Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar!", and has competed as many different characters in all three. Plumbum is a bit of a lurker, since timezone issues make him 5-8 hours ahead of the mostly American posters. Will change characters in a heartbeat
, but tends for humans, or humanoid characters that have some hand-to-hand skills or are just plain unique note
, reason being that just 'popping off a couple of shots in your direction' just isn't personal enough. He has to be there, in your face, kicking your
arse. Is not a big fan of clinical precision or the use of maps. Intended to use Johnny Cage as the victim of Soul Edge, but gypped. Characters he has played as are:
played in the first thread, and started the second thread, "Enter the Arena As Your Avatar (Version 2: No Supernaturals)". He played mostly air-based avatars.
joined in v3 (specifically, in Williamette Mall) and quickly became a regular in the Arena. Character preferences are all over the place, aside from an overabundance of Capcom
Has played as (in no particular order):
Joined in v3 when Williamette Mall was decided on as a setting. You can sort of tell he's a Homestuck
fan by looking at the characters he's played, which are:
first appeared fairly recently in v3. She really needs to get better at the whole "you're supposed to fight" thing.
is a relative newcomer to the Arena, although he had lurked for some time before joining, and had read the thread up to that point. He wasn't too sure about joining at first, being unsure about what characters to use. That quickly changed - the common theme for him now seems to be characters that can fly and fire projectiles, although he did consider using the Doomguy
. Both characters he's used so far have used drills at least once, with No Legs
looting his from a Big Daddy
, his second kill in the Arena.
Thus far, he has played as:
- No Legs the Cat in V3. At first he couldn't even speak, learning to in the pages leading up to the second boss battle. Inventory note contains a shard of Soul Edge, obtained as loot in the second boss battle, and the aforementioned drill.
- Iku Nagae in v3. Her inventory is currently blank.
The Hobo Tortle
A relatively new troper, The Hobo Tortle
first appeared in v4, playing as Calvin and Hobbes. Ever since, he has now become a semi-regular fighter, and has played a myriad of characters. He has formed an unofficial Friendly Rivalry
, ever since the battle with Godzilla. Is known for playing really huge fighters, especially the Colossi.
Characters played so far:
- Calvin and Hobbes, A Boy And His Tiger
- Metal Gear REX, Weapon of Mass Destruction
- Optimus Prime and Grimlock, leader of the Autobots and the Dinobots
- Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
- Raidriar, The God King
- Galath, The Worker Of Secrets
- The Kid, with Rucks as narrator,
- Optimus Prime (DOTM), Leader of the Autobots
- Avion, the Delta Phoenix
- Dirge, the Sand Tiger
- Valus, the Colossal Minotaur
- Ryth, the Deathless Blademaster
- Kuromori, the Wall Shadow
- Ba'el, the Dragon
- Cenobia, the Luster Of Destruction
- The Infinity Blade
- The Transistor
- Smaug, the Golden
- SCP-173, the Sculpture
- Pelagia, the Great Basilisk
- Lockdown, the Creator's mercenary
- Weeping Angel
- Therin, the Killer of Dreams
- The Male M.U.T.O, Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
Back to the Arena with you!