- The Lich delivers one to Finn during Escape from the Citadel "You are alone, child. There is only darkness for you, and only death for your people. These ancients are just the beginning. I will command a great and terrible army, and we will sail to a billion worlds. We will sail until every light has been extinguished. You are strong, child, but I am beyond strength. I am the end, and I have come for you, Finn."
- In American Dad!, Klaus gives one to Steve in Roger after they prank him.
Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made. For years my conduct has been largely benign. And yet, without provocation, you have severed our détente and forced me to unleash upon you the vengeful flames of a thousand suns. You shall curse your mothers for the day of your birth. So, go now, go, and begin your life of fear, knowing that when you least expect it, the looming sword of Damocles will crash down upon you, cleaving you in twain and as you gaze upon the smoking wreckage that was once your life, you will regret the day you crossed the WRONG FISH!!
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force gave us the Memelicious boast from Carl, when, after stealing the Foreigner Belt from the Mooninites, the Mooninites state that Carl can't use it since he doesn't have the instructions. Carl's response?
- Avatar: The Last Airbender has a ridiculous amount of these.
- Zuko delivers one in his A Day in the Limelight: "My name is Zuko, son of Ursa and Fire Lord Ozai! Prince of the Fire Nation and heir to the throne!" It has the intended effect on his opponent... but unfortunately it also has the side effect of making the people he was defending hate his guts. Whoops.
- Made worse by the fact that these people were rooting for him while he was fighting the Earth Kingdom soldier.
Earth Bender: "Surrender yourselves! It's five against two. You're clearly outnumbered."
Uncle Iroh: "That's true. But you are clearly outmatched."
- Something memorable from Azula's first speaking moment in the 2nd season..
"Well, then, maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over..."
- This was actually part of a sequence of "sides", which are lines written for actor auditions, but not part of the actual script. The dialogue was so good that the writers put it in the show.
Aang (speaking with the combined voices of all of the Avatars): "Fire Lord Ozai! You and your forefathers have devastated the balance of this world. And now, you shall pay the ultimate price!" ((Said while combining Fire, Earth, Water, and Air into a very powerful spear thing))
- Quite possibly the most awesome one in the series happens after Azula out gambits Long Feng and turns his own men against him, thus taking over an entire city with just herself and two "friends". She delivers this badass quote:
Long Feng: You have beaten me at my own game.
Korra: I'm the Avatar! You gotta deal with it!
- Vaatu gets a good one in the two-part episode "Beginnings."
I lived ten thousand lifetimes before the first of your kind crawled out of the mud! It was I who broke through the divide that separated the plane of Spirits from the material world! To hate me is to give me breath. To fight me is to give me strength. Now prepare to face oblivion!
- Wan gets in on the action a bit earlier:
- Most of Toph's dialogue when she shows up in Season 4 is either her telling Korra how badly she's failing at being the Avatar, or boasting at how awesome she is personally:
Korra:You tossed me around like a rag doll all day...
Toph: I KNOW! And I'm an old lady! Imagine me in my prime, I would have DESTROYED you!
- Batman: The Animated Series: "I am vengeance. I am the night. I. Am. Batman!"
- Harvey Bullock gets one of his own in "Vendetta": "I just want all the scum buckets and dirt bags in this town to know they better lay low, ‘cause Bullock’s back and ready to kick butt!"
- Batman Beyond:
- Derek Powers, aka Blight, delivers this one in his first super powered appearance while giving Mr. Freeze a beatdown: "And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die."
- Batman ties up the Repeller and explains his bonds are, "Titanium. The strongest alloy known to man. It's unbreakable." The Repeller replies, "Nothing's unbreakable if you apply enough force!" He proves it.
- Terry McGinnis pulls this off in the second part of the two-part premiere of the series.
Fixit: You're pretty strong for some clown who thinks he's Batman!
Terry/Batman: I am Batman!
- Spoofed in Batman: The Brave and the Bold in which Aquaman upon being asked by his wife to go see the museum of cheese he replies,
Bah! I eat cheese for breakfast!
- Megatron from Beast Wars, being the Large Ham he is, delivers one of these in the Grand Finale: "I am Alpha and Omega, Optimus Primal. Until the End of TIME!"
- Before that when he was on his A God Am I power trip (well, started it.)
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which was, which is, and is yet to come! And you will know my name is MEGATRON, when I lay my vengence upon you!"
- Almost everything he said in that episode was a badass boast. But the finale in Season 2 [The Agenda Part III] had two more badass boasts.
- "So, we are now face to face, Optimus Prime. In one future you awaken and become the great leader of the Autobots. But time shall take a different track, now... computer! All available power to primary weapon! ... And now, Optimus Prime, in memory of the Decepticons... for the glory of the Predacons... for the Cybertron that is rightfully ours, and mine to rule! ... I unleash the storm of vengeance — farewell!"
- "Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals! The future has changed, yessssss. The Autobots LOSE! Evil TRIUMPHS! And YOU...! YOU! NO! LONGER! EXIST!"
- As another example from the same series, henchbot Inferno was attacked by newly-decanted Quickstrike, and responds with "Fool! Pain is my friend! Allow me to introduce you!"
- A boasting retort as Dinobot is in the process of beating the tar out of every single member of the Predacon team.
Quickstrike: A warrior without weapons is-
Dinobot: A warrior STILL!
- In Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, Ben confronts the Forever Knights when they begin systematically hunting down and killing aliens (though they offer then a chance to leave the planet first, they're not very considerate about the aliens' ability to procure transport). He challenges the leader to a duel to get them to stop, but the leader goes back on his word. Ben's response is as follows:
"Maybe you forgotten something: I'm Ben Tennyson, wielder of the most powerful weapon in the universe. I stopped the Highbreed invasion
, I defeated Vilgax
in hand-to-hand combat and I've beaten the Forever Knights more times that I can count. Here's what's going to happen: you're going to release these prisoners, you're going to crawl back to whatever hole you came from and you're going to stop hunting down aliens because if you don't, I promise, you'll regret it for the rest of your very short
- Needless to say, they backed down after that, and haven't tried it since.
- Darkwing Duck:
- Darkwing duck and his "I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the [insert Narm metaphor here]! I ... am Darkwing Duck!"
- NegaDuck I, Darkwing's Enemy Without has a much darker version:
- The Fairly Oddparents: The Crimson Chin eats evil for breakfast!
- Hak Foo of Jackie Chan Adventures explains why he isn't using the superpower-granting talismans that he was given after Shendu's defeat: "The horse for healing? I am not so easily injured. The rooster for levitation? I already fly. The dog for immortality? There isn't a man alive who can vanquish me!"
- Zoidberg does this in the episode "The Silence of the Clamps":
: My name isn't Slick, it's Zoidberg. JOHN F***
- From the movie "Bender's Big Score":
: I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm The Professor
- At the end of "Twilight", the second season premiere of Justice League, the supervillain Darkseid lies buried under debris, trapped in an asteroid base nearing the end of its extremely powerful self-destruct sequence. To his growing dismay, his adversary, Superman, is convinced by Batman to teleport out - despite his initial intention of staying to ensure Darkseid's death with his own two hands. Witnessing this, and realizing that although he'll die Superman has been deprived of his desperately-desired revenge, he takes the last second before oblivion to sneer, "Loser."
- And in part 1 of the series finale, "Destroyer," Darkseid lives again - and expresses his appreciation to those who have inadvertently caused his resurrection:
Darkseid: Although your planet will die screaming, I grant you the gift of a swift death.
- Superman's "World of Cardboard" Speech in Justice League Unlimited.
- Justice League Unlimited also had a huge subversion. When Doomsday came to Earth and fought with the Justice Lords, (an Alternate Universe Knight Templar version of the Justice League) he began a Badass Boast while doing a Neck Lift on the alternate version of Superman about how tough and indestructible he was... and then the alternate Superman lobotomized him mid sentence before Doomsday could finish.
Doomsday: (Lord!Superman punches him) You think that could hurt me!? (stomps on Lord!Superman) My skin can withstand a nuclear explosion! (Neck Lifts him) My bones are... (Lord!Superman fires heat vision into his head) my booooones...
- Livewire: "You can't stop me any more than you can stop wind... rain... or lightning!"
Superman: (to Darkseid) Any minute now, Brainiac would explode. And guess what? You're going with him.
- Darkseid: "Super or otherwise, you're merely a man, whereas I am a god." Also: "I am many things Kal-El. You couldn't begin to imagine half of them, but for now I shall take the role of executioner." And finally, "I want you to understand Kal-El, that from this point on everything that happens is on your head. The skies will rain fire, the oceans will boil, the streets will run red with the blood of billions. Only then, when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life. Let's go."
- "I am many things, Kal-El. But here, I am God."
- Lex Luthor, when told that only a twelfth-level intellect can retrieve the Anti-Life Equation: "Then I'm overqualified."
- And this exchange between Wonder Woman and Superman while they and Green Lantern charge the flagship and support of an alien army that had defeated them before:
Wonder Woman: "Pretty bad odds."
Superman: "Yeah. They don't stand a chance."
- J'onn from Justice League Unlimited's "Task Force X": "Ask yourselves, is being in here with me what you truly desire?"
- This one falls in the gray area between Badass Boast and Pre Ass Kicking One Liner. The line comes from Aquaman, who's just been told that the grave of Solomon Grundy, who had a Redemption Equals Death moment saving Atlantis (and the rest of Earth), has been opened and the body is missing.
Aquaman: Give me the names of those responsible. Then dig more graves.
- Batman also delivers this beauty to his Evil Counterpart Owlman in the made-for-DVD Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. "There is a difference between you and me. We've both looked into the abyss. But when it looked back at us, you blinked."
- Ultraman gets a number of these, which straddle the line between Narm and awesome.
- Kim Possible (slightly subverted):
Ron(reading Kim's webpage): "I can do anything." I dunno, KP, it sounds kinda braggy.
Kim: It's like advertising, Ron. It's supposed to be braggy.
- Korgoth from Korgoth of Barbaria manages to screw this up somehow.
"I've dated girls uglier than you for breakfast!"
- Often used by in Looney Tunes by Yosemite Sam — "the roughest, toughest he-man stuffest hombre that's ever crossed the Rio Grande. An' I ain't no namby-pamby." Karmic Trickster Bugs Bunny is never impressed.
- Sam's line "An' I ain't no namby-pamby" was a dub-over of the original line, "An' I don't mean Mahatma Ghandi!"
- The Looney Tunes short, "Wild and Wooly Hare":
"Any one of you lily-livered, bow-legged varmints care to slap leather with me? In case any of ya get any idears, ya better know yer dealin with. I'm the hootinest, tootinest, shootinest, bobtail wildcat in the West! [fires guns, raising Sam up] I'm the fastest gun north, south, east annnnnnnd west of the Pecos!....I'm the...." Bugs Bunny:
' "Ahhhh, shaddup!"
- Lampshaded in one episode of Mighty Max:
Norman:"I eat aliens for breakfast.
Max: "See? They're even part of his balanced diet!"
- Multiple times throughout Monsuno Such as this bit from an early episode
Chase: You were a danger to me. You were a danger to my friends, and if you don't get out of my way, I'm the one who's going to be a danger to you.
- Parodied in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode, "The Return of Harmony":
Pinkie Pie: You better THINK before you laugh at the PINK! (*pause*) ...ie Pie!
Queen Chrysalis: Soon, my Changeling army will break through. First, we take over Canterlot, then all of Equestria!
Princess Celestia: No, you won't. You may have made it impossible for Shining Armor to cast his spell, but now that you have so foolishly revealed your true self...*cue charge*...I can protect my subjects...from you!
- In My Little Pony 'n Friends, back before you'd ever imagine anything could ever be Badass about this franchise,note "Bright Lights" has a point where the ponies figure out how they might stop the Big Bad, but "that would take an army." Megan brings one: the flutter ponies. They get an entire song consisting of Badass Boasting as they deal with the bad guys who once stole the shadows and thus the Life Energy of an entire town in no more time than it takes to sing it:
We are the Flutter Ponies - better run and hide!
We can zig and zag and zoom up and down and side to side
We are the Flutter Ponies, now you've met your match!
Faster than a lightning bolt, we're impossible to catch!
Too bad for you we found you, for soon as we surround you
Your powers will melt away like butter
Doesn't help to fume and sputter
Challenge the Flutter Ponies and you'll meet defeat!
Onward, onward, Flutter Ponies - victory is sweet!
- In the Rankin-Bass adaptation of The Hobbit, Smaug the dragon's boast to Bilbo gets an additional boost from being voiced by Richard Boone.
- The Penguins of Madagascar, "The Falcon and the Snowjob":
Skipper: Frightened? I eat fright for breakfast.
Kowalski: With skeleton marshmallows.
- In the episode of Phineas and Ferb, The Belly of the Beast, Candace has really gotten into her role as captain of a ship, set out to bust her brothers:
Candace: I've got a date with destiny, and it ain't gonna end with a kiss.
- Rango's boast to the townsfolk of Dirt. It's all a lie, but damn if it doesn't sound cool.
You might say I'm from everywhere there's trouble to be found and hell to be raised. You might say I'm what Hell already raised up. They call me... Rango.
- ReBoot has a pair of these one after the other. First is Matrix right after sparing Megabyte.
Surprised? Don't be, you're not worth it. Mainframe will always endure. Remember this defeat, this humiliation, and know that you can never win.
- Megabyte responds to this by pushing himself off the building and then saying: No, you remember, boy. How I turned defeat into victory. How I left you with a dying system.
- At the end of Daemon Rising, the credits give an altered voiceover from Hexidecimal that goes as such:
: I infect the entire Net. I have spread through systems, peoples and cities from this place: Mainframe. My format... VIRUS!
The Queen of CHAOS! HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA!
- The Guardian from Samurai Jack when he refuses to allow Jack to use the time passage:
The Guardian: For countless eons I have guarded this magical power of time travel. All have been denied, from the mightiest of giants, to the tiniest of warriors. You see samurai, only one man has been prophesized to defeat me. And that man is the only man who can use this time passage. And you, my man... ain't that man.
- The Secret Railroad had one in an episode that involved the train being in a prize fight:
Mr. Passenger: We're going to float like a butterfly and sting like a 5-ton locomotive.
- Spoofed in The Simpsons. Bart falls for Jessica Lovejoy, whose hair "smells like red Froot Loops."
Lisa: "Oh yeah? Well I eat Froot Loops for breakfast!
- Sleeping Beauty villain Maleficent, right before going all One-Winged Angel: "Now shall you deal with me, O Prince... and all the powers of HELL!" Complete with reaction shot from Prince Philip, looking like he's just soiled his pants.
- And a little earlier: "You poor, pitiful fools, thinking you could defeat me — me, the Mistress of all evil!"
- In Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Morbius taunts Peter for being late for classes the day the students start a science competition. In retort Peter references "the Tortoise and the Hare" parable to which Morbius imperturbably responds that "In my country we eat tortoises."
- Spongebob Squarepants does this with a random fish in the front of the line proving he's tough enough to enter the Salty Spittoon.
Reg: Welcome to the Salty Spittoon how tough are ya'?
Fish: How tough am I? How tough AM I!? I had a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning!
Reg: Pfft, yeah, so?
Reg: Go on ahead inside, sorry to keep you waiting!
- In the Static Shock episode "They're Playing My Song", a crooked music producer gets arrested. As he's being led into the police car, he boasts, "You think I care about jail!? It will only give me more street cred! When I get out, I'll be a legend!" Static counters by saying that by the time he gets out of jail, he'll be old, which scares him.
- Steven Universe:
- Pearl gives Sugilite a verbal beatdown at the end of "Coach Steven" after spending a good portion of the episode saddened that she wasn't as strong as the latter.
- "I'm Lapis Lazuli! And you can't keep me trapped here anymore!"
- Jasper does this quite a bit. She's disappointed not to see Rose because she wanted to beat her into the ground.
- From Garnet: "Time is like a river that splits into creeks, or pools into lakes, or careens down waterfalls. I have the map, and I steer the ship."
- Garnet also gets an entire one in song-form, combined with a tribute to The Power of Love and "I Am" Song:
This is Garnet, back together, and I'm never going down at the hands of you
'Cause I'm so much better
And every part of me is saying, "Go get her!"
- In the Super Best Friends Forever short "Grounded", when Supergirl is fighting Superman when the latter is trying to enforce the former's titular punishment, Supergirl cries out "You're not my father! You can't tell me what to do!" Superman's response? "No, but I'm Superman and you'll do as I say!"
- Lobo's introduction in Superman: The Animated Series. "The name's Lobo. That's 'L' as in 'Lacerate', 'O' as in 'Obliterate', 'B' as in 'disemBowel', and 'O' as in... Eh, I guess I can use 'Obliterate' twice, huh, what do you think?"
- Super Mario World: "Oogtar eat ghosts for breakfast!"
- Slade from Teen Titans in the episode "Haunted."
Slade: No, Robin, I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest. And neither will you.
- Turtles Forever:
- "Who are these fools, so weary of life, that they take the name of the Shredder, MY NAME, in vain?"
- Followed rather nicely with:
Leo: If there's one constant in the multiverse, it's the Shredder's big fat ego!
- At the end of the Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? episode "A Higher Calling", Carmen and the Player have this exchange:
Player: You didn't contact aliens.
Carmen: Maybe not this time. But if I ever do, the stars of the sky won't be safe from me, Player.
- Apocalypse from X-Men has about 90% of his dialogue consist of these. One of the most notable is "I am not malevolent, I simply AM!" followed by him backhanding Cable or Bishop through a wall.
- There's also his statement to Graydon Creed: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal."
- "Beast, how many peoples have dreamed of my end? You are no closer than the Babylonians with their swords and fire sticks!"
- "I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against ME and be BROKEN!"
- "There exists no freedom from me. There is only freedom THROUGH me."
- "You have traveled over 50 centuries of time to stop me...when will you learn it cannot be done?"
- "I know more of this world then you have even dreamed. That is why I must destroy it."
- "I cannot be touched. I cannot be harmed. Watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion."
- X-Men: Evolution from Cyclops "We're the X-Men, Wolverine. We're not kids anymore. You trained us; and you know something? We're good... we're very good."
- The Young Justice episode "Terrors" offers us two interesting subversions:
- Black Beetle gets a simple but effective one. When told that if he cooperates the Team will go easy on him, he just starts laughing.
Wonder Girl: Listen, ahh...Black Beetle! You're totally outnumbered. Open those doors, and we'll go easy on you!
Black Beetle: You... will go easy? On me? Hehehe hahaha... HAHAHAHA!!
Bumblebee: Oh, that is not a good sign.
- And played straight by Doctor Fate in "Revelation" when the Joker makes his mass Taking You with Me attempt via lots and lots of Joker venom spores.
Fear not! Fate has intervened!