- Some awesome music has been created for the series. There's the fan cover of Soldier Dream featuring Yama-B (ex- Galneryus, Gunbridge) and Rodrigo Rossi of Opus V, and then there's the official song of the 2014 CG movie, Hero, composed and performed by none other than Yoshiki Hayashi.
- And some of the OP and ED's for the original series are performed by Hironobu Kageyama
- The Italian dub in general. They had to convey the same sense of awe and mystery Classical Mythology did with the Japanese and being hammy with viewers that are both extremely familiar with Classical Mythology and from the hammiest people in the world. They succeeded.
- Despite some problems with name pronunciations and how many of the actors there were either new to the VA scene or not familiar with anime dubbing until then, the original Latin-American Spanish dub is pretty nice as well. There's a reason why many of the performances eventually became Star making roles.
- Pretty early in his career (episode 5, to be exact), Seiya punches Shiryuu so hard that Shiryuu's heartbeat stops. And then, despite being terminally wounded, punches him again to restart Shiryuu's heart.
Seiya (almost collapsed due to blood loss, pretty much about to miss): No... I never wanted the fight to be like this... I'm not letting him die... not... die... DRAGON! YOU WIL NOT DIEEEEEEEE!!!
- Ikki's first and most extreme Curb-Stomp Battle. Wolf Nachi confronts him and prepares to fight, but Ikki just raises his punch near his forehead and Mind Rapes him, before making him fall with a poke. To add to Ikki's awesomeness, he did all of this without even looking.
- Let's not forgot Ikki taking on Seiya, Hyoga, Shun and Shiryu at the same time in the 1st arc of the manga. It takes Seiya being protected by The Sagittarius Gold Cloth, Shun's Chains, Shiryu's shield and Hyoga's ice to bring him down.
- While we're talking about Ikki. His return in the anime against the Saint of Fire. The Saint fought Shun, and seeing that his chains were too good of a defense to defeat him, he engulfed him in fire and waited. The gigantic fire actually resurrected the Phoenix. The Saint of Fire tries using fire against Ikki cue Mind Rape.
- You think Andromeda Shun is a wimpy, waifish, whiny boy? In one of the earliest episodes of the Sanctuary Saga, the Dark Knghts mini-arc... When his Evil Twin of sorts Black Andromeda has both him and a poisoned, dying Seiya against the ropes (one extremity of Shun's Adromeda chains is keeping Seiya from falling off a cliff, the other serves as Shun's only defense against Black Andromeda's chains that turn into poisonous snakes) and Seiya pulls a sort-of Heroic Sacrifice by cutting the chain wrapped around his arm and letting self fall, Shun gets pissed off and tells Black Andromeda that upsetting him was a big mistake. The next moment? The Andromeda chains attack at full force, destroying the serpents *and* instantly killing Black Andromeda.
- Seiya vs. Misty in the manga because the closest Seiya gets to a deus ex machina finale is that his armor is brought to him just at the start of his first fight with Misty. The second fight features him throwing a 'Comet' bunch, snapping Misty's armor, followed by throwing back Misty's signature move then finally grabbing him and torpedoing him to the bottomo of the sea and finally wining.
- Misty himself gets credit in the anime for taking his upcoming death with all the calm of the world and even praising Seiya's strength and will before falling dead.
- While in the Anime, Marin is considered a Faux Action Girl. This doesn't stop her, not at all from curbstomping the Psychic Silver Saint Canes Venatici Asterion. Note Asterion effortlessly defeated Seiya with his Psychic Power and Million Ghost Attack. Marin, who had been knocked out by the physically stronger Silver Saint Cetus Moses regains consciousness, proceeds to save herself from the inverted crucifix she's put in, and then proceeds to No Sell Asterion's mind-reading, along with the same Million Ghost Attack that Canes used on Seiya. She then unleashes her own original technique, Eagle Toe Flash to near effortlessly defeat Asterion, who couldn't read Marin's mind the second time around, since she managed to make her mind completely empty and impervious to his powers, cue Oh Crap! reaction. Still a crowner because she could pull that after having taken a beating from Moses and being in aforementioned inverted crucifix.
- Dragon Shiryu gets his Moment of Awesome during his fight with Gold Saint Cancer Deathmask. After he uses his telekinetic powers to grab Shiryu's adoptive sister and possible love interest Shunrei and throw her into the Rozan cascade, a practically dying and zombiefied Shiryu makes the biggest come-back ever from the literal gaping mouth of Hell, glowing cosmos and furious "The Reason You Suck" Speech included as he beats the freaking crap out of Deathmask, while at the same time asking him why he tried so hard to push his ONLY Berserk Button. Then, as Deathmask tries to go to the counterattack, he finds out that his own armor is so ashamed of his owner's evil actions that it refuses to protect his body, which lets Shiryu kill him.
- Saori Kido/Athena, always reviled by "feminist" fans for being more of a mentor and Team Mom with Healing Hands, gains a pretty good one in the anime when she uses her cosmo to disrupt Virgo Shaka (the most powerful psychic among the Golden Saints, alongside Aries Mu) and block him from assisting his disciples Agora and Shiva, who are fighting Ikki to keep him from joining the fight in the Sanctuary. And she does this while having her chest pierced by a Golden Arrow. Wow.
- A more subtle one, overlapping with Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: when after she and Seiya take a Suicidal Gotcha to escape Shaina and another Silver Saint anf gain time, she faces a very upset and jealous Shaina with all the tranquility of the world, ignoring her insults and pretty much telling her "I cannot fight, yes, but no way I'm abandoning Seiya after he got himself almost killed for me". This is a sweet girl without any fighting skills, who is facing a very arrogant and strong Dark Action Girl without even batting an eyelid, in a situation where almost any other girl would faint out of fear. That proves that Saori's got huge balls, erm, Boobs of Steel, dammit.
- Cygnus Hyoga is walking Awesome already, but the particular example comes in his rematch with Gold Saint Aquarius Camus: After having his own Bronze Cloth frozen and shattered into dust by his master, Hyoga counters Camus' ultimate technique Aurora Execution with his own, projecting power matching and exceeding Camus' own even after falling unconscious in his battle stance. Even Camus realizes the astonishing drive in his student's heart, conceding who is the best between them, before falling over frozen to death.
- Pisces Aphrodite in the Sanctuary Arc has one for sheer smarts: he anticipated the Saints would try and have someone keeping him busy while the other continued to run, so he planted his roses on the stairs behind his temple to act as Deadly Gas. By all rights, he had won with mocking ease. He only lost because of Marin, who then gets her moment - she appears, puts her mask on Seiya which allows him to recover from the poison even when it poisons her as well, and that gives Seiya enough time to get up and destroy the roses, clearing his path to the top.
- Shun has a second one when he fights Aphrodite and reveals his wind powers for the first time, and we discover that whilst for every other Saint their armor is an amplifier, for Shun it's played as a safety cut-off, he can actually be much MORE powerful when not wearing the armour.
- Debatable on why it was a bad idea: there's the chance he had awakened his Seventh Sense before the series started and got scared by his own power, using the armor as a safer option. Without those he had to surrender or cross the Godzilla Threshold, and as surrender was not an option he finally unleashed his Seventh Sense and his wind powers.
- A couple more at the beginning of the Asgard filler arc. The Brainwashed and Crazy Polaris Hilda attacks with a a lightning powered silver bolt. Cue all the Bronze Saint jumping out of the way, and when it seems that Saori is going to be hit she calmly unleashes her own golden bolt attack to protect herself. A little later, while Saori is acting again as a Barrier Maiden to prevent the northern ice cap to melt due to Hilda neglecting her duties, the God Warrior Thor attacks her with his Mjolnir (which is basically a double axe that works as a boomerang). The blade comes a hair width from Saori's throat, and then gets pushed back to the sender by her cosmos. Thor himself is impressed and says "she really deserves being named Athena". And in both moments, Saori does this without even batting an eyelid.
- Seiya fighting with Smug Super Sea Horse Baian. After taking Baian's two strongest attack, Seiya is quick to put the General back in his place by pointing he's far from any Gold Saint's power. He then crush his defence with his trusty Ryuseiken before Baian goes on a very sweet Villainous Breakdown.
- Shun's third CMOA comes in the Poseidon arc. When facing Scylla Io, the marina general used an attack that was actually six in one on a "low" setting to taunt him. However, since It Only Works Once and Shun's chains are stated as early as the first tournament arc as being hyper adaptive to enemy attacks, Shun proceeds to counter each of his attacks differently, destroy his armor, and bind him in chains.
- One of the most famous example in the saga: Douhko's old body starts to crack like a shell, and a younger body emerges from the old one. The young Libra Dohko has returned!.
- The entire fight between Shaka and the three Spectre and ex-Gold Saints, Saga, Camus and Shura. Shaka nearly defeat all three with his powerful attack, Tenbu Hōrin, to the point that they use a technique probity, the Athena Exclamation (his power is equal to Big Bang) to kill him. Turn out that Shaka has planned all this since he already had the eighth sense ( That's why he's called the closest man to god. ) and go in the Hell alive.
- The clash of the two Athena Exclamation (Saga/Shura/Camus versus Mu/Milo/Aiolia). The anime add Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga and Shun burn their Cosmos to push back the techniques towards Saga and his group. Then they surround the exclamtions in order to stop them. Then the four Bronze Cloths turn gold, with the four Saints using their techniques, and the exclamations rise into the sky, exploding.
- Ikki, alone, defeat Aiacos, one of three strongest Spectre.
- Shun when he is pretty much Hades's vessel, but manages to actually throttle Hades from within his body to give his brother Ikki a chance to kill them, and end any chance of Shun's body being used for evil. Too bad Ikki couldn't take it.
- A villain example. Thanathos destroy easily five Gold Cloths, something that had never happened in all the millennia the Cloths had existed.