- Ikki is already the bringer of Mind Rape and horribly bloody fights, but he actually tops himself in one memorable fight against Capella, a Silver Saint who threatened Seiya and Saori. Capella's Weapon of Choice is a part of shields attatched to his armor, which can be also thrown as projectiles - so far so good, huh? Well, Ikki uses his powers to trick the guy into believing he cut off his own hands with said disks/shields (no Gory Discretion Shot here), and goes further when the guy ends up Hoist by His Own Petard by having said shields fatally injure him in the chest and stomach before he is shown unharmed but with his mind broken and falls off the cliff they're fighting in.
- The manga rendition of his attack against Wolf Nachi in his first appearance is even worse. In the anime, his illusion punches shatter Nachi's cloth. In the manga? They shatter his body, ripping off his arms when he tries to defend himself and eventually blowing open his torso, spilling his guts and leaving only the spine. Ick.
- His attack against Virtue Eligor in the Lucifer movie is not slouch either. The illusion starts with Eligor decapitating Ikki, only for his headless body to walk towards Eligor while the head is taunting him. Then said head screams maniacally about sending him to hell while a swarm of locusts comes flying out of it's mouth towards Eligor, only for the head to melt afterwards, while Eligor is pierced through the chest and falls dead. Jeez!
- Anything that Cancer Deathmask ever does until his Heel–Face Turn in the Hades Saga and the Soul of Gold series. Specially the little matter of these "masks" in the Cancer Temple. And how he can summon a really scary Uncanny Valley as a fighting field.
- In Episode G, the masks scare the crap out of a giant. The giant was effectively a low-powered god who believed himself invincible. That is how nightmarish Deathmask is.
- Hades Saga:
- Sphinx Pharaoh is a Specter from Egypt. He can perform the infamous Test of Osiris to see if you're a pure-hearted person by literally putting your heart in a scale. While you're still alive.
- Pictured. Ikki pierces Shun's chest and extracts Hades' soul from his body (soul that resemble an abomination), destroying it. Suddenly, Hades' real soul emerges from Shun's chest in Alien style, but turn out that was all a dream in Seiya's head.
- The series has some really scary music that sets the mood very well:
Nightmare Fuel / Saint Seiya
With all the High-Pressure Blood and the Cruel and Unusual Deaths, Saint Seiya is chock full of this. Kurumada and Co. can come up with such things...