Every Saint was killed less than thirty years ago.
If you read supplemental materials
, or even just go looking at the characters themselves, you'll realize they're all in their late teens and (at most) early twenties. These are saints, some of the most physically fit and cosmically in-tune people on Earth; each bronze saint should be living to their late eighties without need of seeing a doctor, and doubtless there's ways they can use cosmos to heal most injuries and illnesses. So why, then, are they all so young? My guess is they either fought a god or a deity figure some time before Athena was reincarnated to lead them, and thus an entire generation of them died defending the Earth. More sinister options include that they are systematically killed when they get too old! Libra Dohko
and Aries Shion
, the oldest living saints at 260 years old, may have enforced an age limit to avoid a rebellion or perhaps to keep them young and powerful. (Yeah, I know it's a stupid thing to do considering it would entail having a good number of years being defenseless, but this isn't Sensible
Mass Guessing, is it? ^_~)
- A normal bronze saint may be physically fit, but considering the arduous route to get in this condition, most of the candidates actually die before they can even hope to get a cloth, (remember, of 100 kids they sent into training only 10 survived) isn't that surprising. Also having a body incredibly healthy doesn't mean you will live to see your eighties, if you consider the violent environment they live, Internal fights (which seem to happen a lot on the rule of Saga as the pope) and minor crisis tend to take high tolls of the saints in turn. Also they probably wouldn't be as much as a hurry to recruit people until Athena is reborn or the next Holy war get near which is 200 hundred years each time. It is probably easier to manage fewer but more effective saints between conflicts.
- At least in the anime continuity we know of a grey-haired Silver Saint, Altar Ares (the guy who Saga killed and replaced). Between this and the Saints being akin to a monastic order of knights (with washouts like Cassius and aspirants serving as cannon fodder), my money is on something happening thirty or forty years before the series and decimating the Saints, leaving most survivors crippled and capable only to train a new generation of Gold Saints and a small number of Silver and Bronze Saints that then trained the rest
Phoenix Ikki knew, deep in his soul, that Andromeda Shun was Hades (or at least something that could destroy the world) reincarnated.
Shun was probably the one who killed their mother, even if it was an accident, so, Ikki tried to make him avoid fully intentional bloody situations ever again; not really because he was worried about his brother, but because he was worried about the entire world
. It explains why he was so eager to exchange armors with Shun; he knew that if his brother ever got the Phoenix armor, the world would be screwed.
- Pretty much confirmed in Lost Canvas (though I heard the creator is kinda iffy on how strong it is as canon). Ikki is the reincarnation of Bennu Kagaho, who protected Alone/Hades for similar reasons (runaway little brother). He vows to follow Alone's reincarnation and protect him rather than Hades.
C'mon, this theory should be here someday. Also, it'd make lots of sense on how a "mere mortal" can defeat gods. Also, losing all his five senses, but still fighting? Please!
- Or maybe he is a cross-breading reincarnation of Captain Falcon and Chuck Norris (add also Goku and Superman if you please)
Sailor Moon is in the same universe as Saint Seiya.
With Saints and Sailor Senshi being distaff counterparts of each other, natch.
- Toei's anime version of Sailor Moon actually stolen a LOT of things from Saint Seiya...being the most classic the "Venus love me chain" attack from Sailor Venus, which was an exact replica of Shun's "Nebula chain" attack (at least in the manga Sailor Venus "chain" is actually a waist chain...not a "magically created and infinite large" one)
Mitsumasa Kido was Zeus.
He Really Gets Around
- This is pretty strong Fanon in the Latin American communities. It would make his appearances to Saori make more sense. Since otherwise, there is no justification to them, being a mere mortal, sex drive notwithstanding.
- Actually, I'm pretty sure that the "appearances" were just holograms generated by Planetarium. Didn't the appearances stopped after the Planetarium destruction?
- When Saori talked with the...ummh..."phantom" of his "grandfather", before he appeared to her, a lighting struck outside the planetarium...lighting = Zeus...this is why this theory is actually so popular and widespread. Oh, and this happens not only inside the Latin American fanbase, also is supported by many European fans
Cepheus Albiore is June's father.
She's doesn't train with the other Amazons. She's from Ethiopia, but doesn't look like it. The two share a lot of the same traits (blond hair and dark blue eyes). In the show, Esmeralda is Guilty's daughter so is it too far fetched that the two are related as well?
Balrog Lune is June's brother.
Two hot long haired blonds with a liking for whips
and similar sounding names? What are the chances!
... said plane also crashed
- rumor has it that they washed up on a deserted island, resorted to cannibalism with Daichi being the first on the platter.
- No, they was just throw down off the airplane in mid-flight, since Toei/Bandai considered them not necessary anymore. This is actually the real transcription from a recording extracted from the shipīs black box:
Saori: Hey guys
(talking to the three idiots...I mean, Steel saints), wanna see how it looks the Mediterranean Sea?
Daichi (the dumbest of all three): ''Yeah, yeah, me wants to see!!!''
Ushio (the hot-blooded, less but still idiotic hero): Well, why not, like if I care, Iīm so cool for this
Sho (the most prudent): Ok, but just a little peek
Saori: Here, look through the airplane window
The three stooges...I mean, Steel Saints: Cool, the sea is sooo blue
Saori: Donīt want to see it more...errr...closer??? Here, letīs go to the airplane door, it has a better window sideways
Daichi: Yeah, yeah, and me want a lollipop too!!!
Sho: I donīt like where it is going...
Saori opens the airplaneīs plug door (yeah, yeah, I know itīs impossible in real life...but she is a goddess after all): NOW SEIYA!!!
Seiya then proceed to use his new signature technique "Pegasus backwards horse kick"
The three poor victims (while falling): ''WHY ATHENA WHY???''
Saori: Blame Bandai guys. They send me this letter just before boarding with your merchandise selling rates...nothing good, so we need to put you on a bus
...but since weīre already on a plane... Sorry boys, nothing personal, just business
Sho: Damn you Toei and your cursed company mascot cat Pero
!!! I will see you in hell executive producers
alongside Ikki, Okko and Death Mask!!!
Daichi: Me drowning!!!
Sho: Damn it, they throwed us without our cloths, at least with them I could fly and kick Athena back in her ovaries!!
Ushio: Donīt worry guys! Look! Dolphins! They will rescue us, I readed it on a book
Sho: Since when do you know how to read???
Daichi: Dolpheeenn! Goldeen!!! Good doggie! Wanna pet!!
But what they didnīt know was the dolphins werenīt there for the rescue...they were the last remnants pets from the Dolphin Saint (from the Ghost Saints, do you remember that SOBs too???), specially trained in the antique technique of undersea raping, and told to do so by their former master to any enemy of the Pope, and they still wanders the ocean waters looking for any idiot who make alliances with that crazy bitch Athena...
They attacked the 3 idiots without any regret nor pity, even after Ushio telling them via his telephatic powers (yeah, Aquaman style, and I care a sh*t if this power actually belonged to his helmet as seen in the anime or if the boy has ESP abilities...) he is an aquatic saint also and as the Sword Fish saint heīs their friend
And so, this was the true and never told before end of the 3 brave? and courageous??? steel saints...they are now the dolphinsī bitches, and they even pimp them...you can rent their services (and take also a photo with them for only five dollars, 270 rupies or equivalent, if you are a SS fan and want it as a souvenir) in most major port cities around the Caribbean, and they still curse Toei for not re-including them into SS Omega, at least as teachers or mounting guard in the Sanctuary...or cleaning the company toilets...but they still yell REVENGE!!! (to be continued??)
PD: And yeah
, they already know the inclusion of Subaru, a new Steel Saint in SS Omega...so, I think they WILL get their revenge after all XD
Aioros trained Marin.
Because it makes for a nice Master-Apprentice Chain
Seiya and everyone else (including those in spinoff titles like Saint Seiya Omega
) are older than you think.
They claim to be 13-18 years old. However, I seriously doubt that was the case. They can be physically in their twenties. Excepting that in Saint Seiya
-verse, age counting is handled differently
. It could be that one person's age in that verse increases after MORE than 365 days (standard age increasing measurement). Therefore, Seiya and the rest could be around the twenties by default, but by the measurements of the SS-verse, they're just 13-18 years old.
Deathmask threw his fight with Shiryuu.
After Shiryuu's soul returned from the entrance of hell he could have just killed his body, so if Shiryuu did it again he'd still stay dead. But no, he had to go there and try and throw him in hell personally. Quite stupid, isn't it? Maybe he was actually loyal to Athena (while still remaining a bastard
) and was acting like he wasn't to force Shiryuu to get his Seventh Sense. Then Shiryuu succeeded, and Deathmask was hit and fell directly to hell because Shiryuu had gained more
speed and strenght than Deathmask expected. The Hades Saga supports it. Alternatively, he was an extreme case of Too Dumb to Live
Saori and Seiya died at the end of Tenkai-hen ~Overture~.
They were killed by Apollo. The pristine place where we see Saori talking with Seiya after the fight was cut is actually Heaven. At least Seiya managed to hit and scratch Apollo before that.
- In fact it was supposedly that in the actual movie Athena quit her "job" as the Earth goddess in favor of Artemisa in exchange of saving Seiya's life after attacking Apollo. The last scene was supposed to occur after sometime, with the two together but with their memories erased...but since that movie was also another Saint Seiya project thrown to the trash and considered not cannon, we can think whatever we want about the true meaning of that end (go figure...)
For some reason, the Pope knows that the current baby Athena is from the future and has the potential to mess things up big time. As a result, he's trying to kill future Athena for the greater good. This would also tie into how Suikyo and Dohko
are also trying to kill Athena.
Taking this from a Chinese forum, but given the newly revealed existences of Saintias, female Saints who exist to act as Athena's handmaidens in her everyday life, there's a theory that Seika was secretly included into their ranks. Certainly it would cover the plot hole of her somehow getting to Greece despite being a penniless, ten year old orphan girl, and how she was easily found by Marin. In Saintia Sho, it's stated that Saintias were recruited by the Graude Foundation and sent out for their training a year after the last of the 100 original boys were sent out. Seika, being Seiya's sister, was already in a position where she could easily be found and recruited, and she might have also volunteered. However, her training left her with little time to see Seiya, and, sometime before the Hades Arc, she suffered an injury in the line of duty. This gave her Laser-Guided Amnesia
and more or less disqualified her from continuing as a Saintia. However, as her former coworker, Marin would have known of her whereabouts. Helping her finally reunite with Seiya was as much her retirement package as it was Seiya's reward.
Alternatively, Seika failed
to become a Saintia, and lost her memory that way.
The Saintias are Mitsumasa Kido's daughters
If the manga went as far as making him the father of all the hundred boys the foundation sent away to become Saints, one can also go as far as saying he had daughters and gave them similar treatment. He kept the girls a secret from the boys because, since he didn't want any of those kids to know he's their father, he needed to keep the boys away from the girls to keep them from unknowingly starting any forbidden romance. Seika is also his daughter and he sent her away to make her a Saintia. It's hard to believe someone who fathered at least one hundred children only had boys.