- Box Office Bomb: Tenkai Hen: Overture. It was originally meant to be a trilogy that would even show the return of the Gold Saints. However, these plans were obviously canned due to its enormous cost and poor reception.
- Fan Nickname:
- Many fans affectionately dub Shiryu as the "walking blood bank," for obvious reasons.
- Seiya is known within the South American fandom as the "cockroach saint", since he is considered a plague who NOBODY can kill (even Chuck Norris!).
- Shaka is constantly called Barbie or Ai Minako/Sailor V due to the characters' very similar looks.
- And Camus... oh Camus, he gets way too many nicknames that are ice related. Some are cool and some are downright ridiculous. He's even known as 'penguin' for who knows why?!
- Deathmask. His lack of a proper name has had fans coming up with various hypotheses. One of the most popular is Angelo. Carlo is another frequent choice.
- Among Saltybet betters, Seiya is known as Yuri Di AAAAAAA because the MUGEN Seiya yelling Yuri and screaming at the top of his lungs often.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The cast of Saint Seiya has so many famous names that they deserve their own folders.
Seiyuus who do more than one character on Saint Seiya
- Banjō Ginga: Cassios and Jango
- Issei Futamata: Scylla Io and Hypnos
- Chiyoko Kawashima: Geist and young Shiryu
- Yuji Mitsuya: Virgo Shaka and Benethosh Eta Mime.
- Yuu Mizushima: The Badass Orion Jagar, Sid, Bud, and Lizard Misty?
- Katsuji Mori: Capella , Belzebub , Lynx Jao , Gemini Cloth (Phantom episodes 44-46)
- Shigeru Nakahara: Black Pegasus, Sho, Shiva, Alberich
- Keiichi Nanba: Pisces Aphrodite, Julian Solo, Freyr, Asteroth and Scutum Jan
- Kaneto Shiozawa: Aries Mu and Black Andromeda.
- Hideyuki Tanaka: Leo Aiolia, Dolphin, Pope Shion (ep 1), Wolf Nachi and the Narrator throughout the classic, first movie, Hades Inferno and Elysium arcs.
- Ryoichi Tanaka: Cancer Deathmask and Fly Dios
- Kōji Totani: Whale Moses and Capricorn Shura
- Hiromi Tsuru: Chameleon June and Mermaid Tethys.
- Ken Yamaguchi: Tarantula Arachne, Black Dragon and the Flame Saint.
- Yuriko Yamamoto: No surprise, she voiced both Marin and Seika.
- Yusaku Yara: Sagittarius Aiolos and Phecda Gamma Thor.
Seiyuus from both Saint Seiya and Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas
Seiyuus who were both in Saint Seiya
and a Gundam
Seiyuus who were in both Saint Seiya
and the Dragon Ball
- Jossed: The identity of Seiya's older sister and Marin's little brother. See Luke, I Am Your Father in the main section.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Despite its popularity, for the longest time, you'll never find Saint Seiya past episode 60 in english. In 2014 they are finally releasing another DVD set that finishes the Sanctuary arc creating hope that if sales are good, the Poseidon and Hades Sagas will be dubbed as well. But since the DVD release has been labeled as subtitled-only, that hope has become, it might be dubbed if it sells REALLY well.
- While in Japan, all five Saint Seiya movies were released in a set, the US will only have a set that features all but Tenkai Hen in it in 2013.
- Playing Against Type: Mitsuko Horie as Hilda. Prior to that, she had played only cute girls and had a career as anime OP singer, and then she's hired to play the Brainwashed and Crazy Princess of the Nibelung... Mrs. Horie herself lampshades the trope when she's asked about this in interviews, recalling each time how shocked she was when the role was offered to her.
- Promoted Fangirl: Shiori Teshirogi, the author who writes Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, was actually a shoujo author who once met Kurumada. Saint Seiya was always her favorite series and she jumped at the chance of making a new story when Kurumada pitched the idea to her, and what was originally thought to end up being a rather brief series has exploded in popularity.
- Real-Life Relative
- Ikki and Tatsumi despise each other, but did you know that the two actors who play them, Hideyuki Hori and Yukitoshi Hori are really brothers?
- If a man sees an Amazon's face they either have to love them or kill them. Seiya and Shaina were forced into this dilemma, but in real life, Tōru Furuya and Mami Koyama did get married. Unfortunately it failed but they are still friends.
- Seiya and Shun's Mexican voice actors (Jesus Barrero and Jose Gilberto Vilchis respectively) are uncle and nephew respectively.
- Relationship Voice Actor: In the original series, Seiya was dubbed by Tōru Furuya (Amuro in Mobile Suit Gundam), Shiryu was dubbed by Hirotaka Suzuoki (Lt. Bright in Mobile Suit Gundam) ; this pair of "best buddies" is also noticeable in Dragon Ball. (Also, what to say of Dragon Shiryuu's seiyuu finally done in by... Cancer); Also, due to Writer on Board (Kurumada wanting to change Shun's voice actor triggered Tōru Furuya and everyone else's resignation, much to everyone's chagrin) and Executive Meddling (Toei wanting to get Saint Seiya done with) combined, in the Hades Inferno and Elysion arcs, Seiya and Ichigo Kurosaki now share the same voice actor, whereas Shiryu is now voiced by Suzaku Kururugi.
- Troubled Production: The Hades Saga: Inferno and Elysium. Kurumada was so upset with Toei that he fired all five of the Bronze Saint voice actors,casted new ones, and got another studio to do the animation that was so bad that most of the scenes were mostly traced from the manga.
- What Could Have Been