Follow TV Tropes
the arcades where i live have 90% claw machines/ball droppers/those lottery-ish spinner things and the other 10% are just tekken and zombie games
they're not broken but they're like entirely luck based
Even some of the skill games were broken....one claw machine I tried, the claw did not movie. It only went down but could not move from side to side. And thatís not a gimmick or challenge of the machine. It very was obviously supposed to move....
Why are modern arcades so bad??
there's a bar/brewery where I live that has an arcade...it's honestly better than most arcade places i've been. but i do wish there was at least one pinball machine there....because damm is pinball fun!
i've never actually seen or played a pinball game before weirdly
also it might be because people just play video games nowadays and no one ever goes to arcades any more just sayin
Edited by unfortunatezorua on Apr 15th 2019 at 9:43:35 PM
Iíve never seen a physical pinball machine myself. But I played my fair share of windows xp pinball yo
imagine a metal screamo version of the little einsteins theme song.
a local pizza place that's suuuper good (i'm not telling you GUY FIERI!) has a pinball machine, I forgot which one but it's based off of a movie. sometimes it's worth dealing with the xenophobia in a small town for local places : P
i never knew i needed that in my life until now
edit: never mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvynzRy-pRs
Edited by unfortunatezorua on Apr 15th 2019 at 9:52:16 PM
What about Kantaro aka Japanese Guy Fieri?
Oh god why but also yes
Edited by Emperor_Ing on Apr 15th 2019 at 9:53:08 AM
Also how come establishments like restaurants and laundromats that arenít even arcades always have better games than actual arcades?
wait you have a laundromat with arcade machines? WHAT!? thats awesome!
Itís a foggy memory but I thought it was common for laundromats to have one coin-op arcade game
goddammit! THOSE ARE THE WASHING MACHINES not GAMES!
I had to try hard not to laugh at that in class
but yeah it is common for laundromats to have like, one game
you can make washing machines into games if you sit on them
or if you climb into it
there's actually a guy who climbs into washing machines and records it
Crocodiles and alligators can climb trees.
I wish I actually had arcades around here :/
I wish I had good arcades here.
I kinda want to go to the local Chuck E Cheese which I havenít been to in like 10 years or more, just to see how many games have changed.
If they donít still have Buzzy Buzzy Bee I swear.
tbh if I had the money + space I'd just import a bunch of weeb rhythm game cabinets for myself (the ones with a decent offline mode or that doesn't DRM-lock you out of the entire game at least)
Edited by Zanreo on Apr 15th 2019 at 5:19:22 PM
As an Australian, I can confirm that they do not. However Drop Bears do.
Actually when I was in Japan 2 years ago, they had entire FLOORS of arcades! Won a few things too, like Studio Ghibli stuff, 2 plush rams and a Hatsune Miku figurine <3
Edited by Aveyond on Apr 16th 2019 at 1:00:55 AM
Community Showcase More