Though primarily a writer, ML Lanzillotta also has a YouTube channel. He mostly posts vlogs - usually as a version of himself, though he occasionally portrays has a number of bizarre characters.
The channel can be found here.
Tropes Found in his Videos Include:
- A Cappella: None of the "music videos" have any backing music.
- Author Appeal: ML Lanzillotta seems pretty fond of the name Lucia/Lucie/Lucy.
- Black Comedy: A re-occurring theme. One especially notable examples would be the video in which Lanzillotta describes his "hilarious suicide attempts" (there were quite a few, apparently).
- Character Blog: ML Lanzillotta vlogs as various characters... including Trixie the Usherette, Tallulah the flapper, Lucia the accidental time traveler, and Hamlet. Yes, that Hamlet.
- Evil Uncle: Lanzillotta's eccentric, lizard-obsessed Great Uncle Louis . Evil might be a bit strong, though he did once let a bag of snakes lose on a bus.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Most of the early videos (from 2016) are either clips of ML reading plays, pretending to be a movie usherette, or singing songs a cappella.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Badly Singing "Cabaret" To A Dog .
- Fish out of Water: Lucia, the accidental time traveler from Ancient Rome , certainly counts.
- Functional Addict: Lanzillotta spends a lot of time defending this concept. He,himself might count.
- Large Ham: The Mad Scientist speech video , among others.
- Shout-Out: In many of the vlogs, viewers can see a half-erased painting of the TARDIS in the background.
- Unusual Euphemism: In some of the addiction-related videos (notably, this one), Lanzillotta refers to his drug-using years as his "Prince Hal phase".
- Vlog Series: While few of the characters last long enough to count as proper series, the various personas mentioned under Character Blog probably qualify.