- Acceptable Targets: Mormons. There's a bar named 'Grilled Mormons': in Japanese, this is a pun on a type of offal dish called "horumon", with the first letter changed to "m".
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The creator of the game in the ending basically takes a jab at people who dedicate so much of their time just to finish a video game and find all of its secrets no matter how bad the game is.
- The idea of Takeshi Kitano hating video games is pretty funny considering he would go on to play a character in Yakuza 6.
- So Bad, It's Good: This game's a fairly well known kuso-ge, confessing right on the title screen to being created by a man who hates video games, and it's well known for being completely unfair and requiring the player to do a long series of purposefully obtuse actions. It was also intended by Takeshi Kitano to be purposefully bad, and is basically just him trolling the player the entire game.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: It may be a generic looking Famicom game, but with all the stuff you can do in it, it's not something a kid will really understand.
YMMV / Takeshi's Challenge