- Alternate Character Interpretation: Wally and Gus are either goofy idiots or unlikeable morons.
- Awesome Music: The theme song, which many say is the best part of the show.
- Critic-Proof: As loathed as the series was by many, it managed to last for a full three seasons of 65 episodes and have an hour-long special because of how much Teletoon adored it - something that rarely happens to modern Canadian animated series.
- Designated Hero: Wally and Gus are the supposed protagonists, despite constantly leaving all kinds of mayhem in their wake. Even the show itself does not readily classify them as heroes.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: YAY-OK is quite easily the most popular character in the show. This probably has something to do with how much he looks like BMO or maybe it's his Only Sane Man status.
- Idiot Houdini: Gus and Wally. 65 episodes and GASI has never even shitcanned them once.
- Iron Woobie: Lord Peel. He was driven to villainy only because the Rocket Monkeys kept attacking him and ruined his life. Every time he distinctly tells them he's not a banana, it never seems to seep through their thick skulls. The only crimes he commits involve trying to get rid of or get away from Wally and Gus, and he's supposed to be the bad guy for it.
- Jerkass Woobie: Lord Peel. See above.
- Rooting for the Empire: Lord Peel could especially fall under this in episodes like "There's No Business Like Monkey Business".
- The Scrappy: Wally and Gus, due to their mind-numbing stupidity. It's a special feat that even the show itself considers them bad characters.Intro: "They're rocket monkeys! Monkeys in space! They try to be heroes but they're easy to replace! They're not the brightest, they're not the best, they're not the coolest, and they have bad breath!"
- Squick: One episode shows Wally drinking (with a straw) out of a toilet clogged toilet with poop in it.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Many consider YAY-OK (who is easily the most likeable character in the show) and Lord Peel (as described above) to be this.
- Ugly Cute: Most of the characters could fall under this.
- The Woobie: YAY-OK. He dreams to be a monkey like his two team mates, but is sometimes taken for granted. Also his father is a criminal.
- Dr. Chimpski when he loses his job, and is assigned on the Rocket Monkey team, we see a very emotional side to Chimpski that was never shown before. As he is broken to tears upon realization that Gus and Wally outrank him. Not only that, but they use this to their advantage by making him do disgusting menial tasks, then outright ignore him when he says he is feeling under-appreciated and wants to run away.
YMMV / Rocket Monkeys