- Acceptable Targets: Everybody. Nerds, old people, racists, birdwatchers, everybody. Once, a story involved an elderly African woman, and Paul joked, "I don't know whether to be ageist, racist or sexist."
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Tim Minchin singing while Jimeoin left to use the toilet.
- A few episodes earlier Craig Hill did the same thing when Mikey ran off to the bathroom.
- Crosses the Line Twice: As with Black Comedy, Paul and Mikey thrive on it, and basically everything Akmal Saleh and Tom Gleeson says crosses at least three or four lines.
- Paul: Ha ha, I hope the kids have gone to bed.
- In the 2010 premiere, Paul tried to put a stop to these jokes. In two minutes, Akmal Saleh said 'We fuck camels'. You can imagine how the rest of the night went.
- One episode, Paul and Mikey spent a few minutes discussing sticking platypi in a blender. Started off just jokingly saying it, then crossing the line by using the phrase 'pleading eyes', then back over by complaining about how the beak gets stuck in the blades.
- Memetic Mutation: An internal example with "jet sparrow". An offhand joke by Paul turned into Claire mentioning an Unusual Euphemism used by her father, and no-one would let it go throughout the entire episode. At the end of the 2008 season, the mock awards presented were called the Jet Sparrow Awards.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Claire took over as team captain from Julie McCrossin, who did not sign on for the revived series. Of course, the purists declared the show to be ruined.
- After just one episode, Good News World is already copping "ruined" flack in responses from Twitter and the official site.
- Good News World appears to have led to the demise of the show entirely.
YMMV / Good News Week