- Complete Monster: RAT was a callous, violent alcoholic in life, until one of his coworkers (who isn't quite the saint either) killed him in self-defense after he tried to strangle him to death for demanding he go home after showing up to work drunk. Since he was playing hide-and-seek with Mary at the time of his death, he blamed her for it and retaliated by mutilating her brother in front of her and a crowd of people when he possessed his old costume. This results in Mary having terrifying nightmares, which he then enters as Shadow RAT to torture her mentally. When Mary became a security guard at Candy's years later, he gleefully attempted to kill her then, but failed. After Mary was fired, RAT brutally ripped apart Chester, one of his fellow animatronics, for opening the door to his room. He then killed a night guard, and got Candy framed for the deed, resulting in the sentient Animatronics being left to rot in their old robotics factory. When Marilyn, Mary's daughter, arrived at the factory on a dare, he attempts to kill her too. If he gets her, her wounds would be considered those of a bear attack.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In 2002, there was this really, really cheesy comedy-horror flick called Terror Toons. Two of the main characters in the film are named Candy and Cindy.
- An animatronic chimpanzee that's friendly to kids during the day, but hostile to others at night, who also has a connection to a security office with cameras. Oh, and he also plays music. Sound familiar?
- A haunted rodent mascot that's kept in a mysterious storage room, just shows up all of a sudden towards the end, and has a disturbing, organic secret beneath his mask. Could RAT have been imported from Treasure Island?
- Uncanny Valley: Imagine if The Purple Man's rotting corpse in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 was an animatronic that you'd see regularly. That's Blank in a nutshell.
YMMV / Five Nights at Candy's