- Alternative Character Interpretation: Some people believe that after Stewie killed Denise Crosby to show them he wasn't screwing around, the rest of the Star Trek cast decided to act as annoying and unbearable as possible on purpose so Stewie would send them home sooner. If so, this was a pretty big Batman Gambit on their part, since Stewie could essentially kill them whenever he wanted.
- Broken Base: While most thought it was So Okay, It's Average (they hated the main story because it focused on Meg, but loved the Star Trek story and some of the jokes), some considered it to be a low point of the show.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The scene of Brian's Prius being thrown through the house is a little more disturbing given the news of Toyotas being recalled for faulty brakes (for those who don't know, Prius is part of the Toyota brand).
- Jerkass Woobie: Brian, since his treatment initially was unfair.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Due to this episode's reputation, there are some who watch this episode solely for the subplot of Stewie meeting the Star Trek cast and skipping over the main plot.
- Memetic Mutation: "Hwil Hweaton."
- The Woobie: Meg can be difficult not to feel sorry for, since Brian mocks her for being religious and argues against the existence of God based solely on her being considered unattractive and living a crappy life.
YMMV / Family Guy S 7 E 11 Not All Dogs Go To Heaven