- Broken Base: There are two opinions on Uncle Daddy - either you see him as a Large Ham Ensemble Dark Horse, or he's The Scrappy and the worst part of the show.
- Jerkass Woobie: Virginia, arguably. She's not the nicest girl around (see: sleeping with Roller behind Desna's back), but she has to deal with the other women constantly calling her racist nicknames like "Gangbang Wang" and "China Doll" as well as making other racist jokes and insinuations (and of course they immediately leap to Desna's defense the minute somebody says anything half-cross about her and much is made of her struggles with racism).
- Playing Against Type: Judy Reyes as the butch lesbian Quiet Ann.
- Retroactive Recognition: Denise now owns a nail salon and launders money for the mob, while also being the caretaker for her autistic brother Damon Pope. She works with Arlene Fowler, Carla Espinosa and Lindsey Salazar, deals with the scumbag Gabriel Bolivar, his brother Malcolm Graham and their father Hank Schrader, and ends up dating The Haitian.
- Too Dumb to Live: It's a wonder Roller lasted as long as he did - see What an Idiot! below.
- What an Idiot!: First, Roller sleeps with Virginia behind Desna's back. Then he screws her out of the money she's rightfully owed, and belittles her when she tries to go above his head to get her cut. Then he tries to rape Virginia - nearly strangling her to death in the process (only stopping because Desna interrupted them and gave Virginia an out), and tries to get Desna to "finish the job". She promptly tries to drown him.
YMMV / Claws