- Awesome Music: The level clear jingle, whether in the arcade or on the NES.
- Goddamned Bats: Several mooks might qualify:
- The ninjato (sword) wielding mook whose attack can only be stopped by a very well-timed up punch.
- The crouching mooks with the tekko-kagi who are hard to hit because of their quick speed.
- The dogs who rush at you and can only be hit by a crouch attack.
- The black ninjas throwing makibishi are really annoying on the parts of levels where you can't see your feet.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A ninja lighting himself on fire to fight enemies? See Man on Fire on the main page.
- Memetic Mutation: "Are you a bad enough dude to (X)?"
- Narm Charm: If The Cannon Group made a video game, this is exactly the kind of game they would have made.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: While the premise of this game is a meme, the Spiritual Successor Crude Buster (aka Two Crude Dudes) is a great (and obscure) game on its own.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: In Japan, the arcade version's ending theme almost sounds like "The Star-Spangled Banner". Averted in America and the Famicom/NES versions, however, where it's "Hail to the Chief" verbatim.
- Watch It for the Meme: The infamous opening.
YMMV / Bad Dudes