Technological Threat is a 1988 Oscar-nominated short by Bill Kroyer (FernGully: The Last Rainforest) and Brian Jennings.
It's about Tex Avery-esque wolves being replaced by CGI robot "dweebs" with one wolf fighting back against one of the robots.
- Black Comedy: The first wolf worker is replaced because he had a heart attack and died on his desk.
- Bully Bulldog: The boss who replaces the workers with robots is one.
- Conspicuous CG: One of the earliest examples, and probably one of the first in which the conspicuousness is deliberate.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Slack off work for one second and you get replaced by a robot.
- Jaw Drop: The wolf workers when the first dweeb robot appears.
- Job-Stealing Robot: The dweebs end up replacing all but one of the workers, including the boss who deployed them in the first place.
- Rapid-Fire Comedy: See Shout-Out.
- Shout-Out: To Tex Avery (Jaw Drop included).
- Trap Door: There's one under each desk to dispose of those workers who can't cut it. The last worker uses it to dispose of the boss robot, as well as the last remaining dweeb.
- Visual Pun: The dweebs have literal pencil necks.