Lou and Lou: Safety Patrol was a series mostly consisting of shorts that aired on Playhouse Disney.
The main characters were Lou and Louise and their dog, Louie, who together were the Safety Patrol. They taught lessons about safety both inside and outside the home, from taking a bath safely to crossing the street safely.
- Asian and Nerdy: The title characters are of Asian descent, know a lot about safety, and aren't shy about sharing their knowledge with those in need of it.
- Catchphrase: "That's Louise."
- Disease-Prevention Aesop: In "Don't Get the Flu," Lou and Louise teach their older sister Lulu to use a tissue when sneezing, then they all wash their hands together.
- The Ditz: Lulu, who borders on Too Dumb to Live territory.
- Family Theme Naming: The twins Lou and Lou (Louise), and their dog Louie. Also their sister Lulu.
- Four-Fingered Hands: All of the human characters have these.
- Half-Identical Twins: Lou and Louise look and act identical, with their only difference being their gender.
- Hammerspace: Both Lou and Louise are capable of producing an orange cone that tags a "safety violation" seemingly from nowhere and then making it disappear.
- I Can't Hear You: In "Home Safe Home," Lou and Louise inspect the safety of their home's living room and tell their mother, who is vacuuming, that "Everything checks out in here." She can't hear them because of the vacuuming, so they shout it. She still can't hear them, so she turns off the vacuum. Lou shouts that everything checks out, and Louise asks him why he's shouting.
- Iris Out: This is used to end each short, with the "iris" being the badge of the Safety Patrol.
- I've Heard of That What Is It?: In "Field Trip," Lester says that he loves field trips, only to then respond with a "no" when Lou and Louise ask him if he's ever been on one before.
- Lampshade Hanging: In a camping-related episode, when Louise pulls a safety cone out of her backpack, Lulu asks how she fit it in there.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Lou and Louise.
- Once per Episode: The magnifying glass locating a "safety violation" and either twin explaining such.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. Lou and Louise have an older sister named Lulu, and their dog is Louie.
- Signing Off Catchphrase: Lou and Louise end every short by exchanging "We're the Safety Patrol!" "We're here to keep people safe!" Occasionally, they add something else, such "especially on the bus" in "Mass Transit," or "and clean" in "Bath Time."