Lorenzo is a 2004 animated short film (five minutes) directed by Mike Gabriel.
Lorenzo is a pampered, spoiled cat who spends his time lounging around eating shrimp cocktail. The only thing Lorenzo likes better than eating shrimp cocktail is dangling his shrimp in the faces of the hungry stray cats who sit in front of his window and stare. When a black cat without a tail wanders past Lorenzo's window, Lorenzo is similarly cruel, mocking the black cat by pointing to his own long, luxurious tail. What Lorenzo doesn't know is that the black cat is a magic cat. The magic black cat promptly takes revenge on Lorenzo by bewitching his tail, giving it a life and sentience of its own.
Played in theaters in front of the live-action feature Raising Helen.
- Break the Haughty: Lorenzo is driven to madness when his tail is brought to life.
- Cats Are Mean: Lorenzo is a jerk who likes to taunt the less fortunate.
- Conspicuous Consumption: Lorenzo likes to eat shrimp in front of a window while hungry stray cats watch.
- Didn't Think This Through: Lorenzo shocks his tail with some high voltage wires, failing to consider that this will shock Lorenzo himself.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Lorenzo survives getting electrocuted and getting hit by a train, while battling with his tail.
- Jerkass: Lorenzo likes to taunt less fortunate cats.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Lorenzo gets a justly deserved punishment when the magic cat bewitches his tail.
- Lens Flare: Replicated in animation with the headlight of the train that's bearing down on Lorenzo and his tail.
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: No dialogue.
- Organ Autonomy: Lorenzo's tail gets a life of its own and immediately starts screwing with Lorenzo.
- Pets Versus Strays: Lorenzo likes to mock and taunt the stray cats that pass his window. Eventually he mocks the wrong cat.