Tove is a webcomic about a teenage Tomboy girl named Tove, written and drawn by Severin Piehl. While trekking through the forest one day with her younger brother Dag, Tove discovers an abandoned spaceship. After venturing inside, Dag accidentally presses a button on a mysterious sphere that sends her to another world. There she meets Femhamu, a small creature claiming to be her spirit guide and that she is The Chosen One who can save her world from an unspeakable evil, Gemhakumem.
And that's not even the first chapter.
This series contains examples of:
- Action Girl: The title character.
- Animesque: The art style is very reminiscent of the style of anime, although in tone it is decidedly more Western.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Dag for Tove, although it is established early on that they do care for each other.
- Canis Major: Cranberry, who is used as a method of transportation.
- The Chosen One: Tove.
- Exposition Fairy: Femhamu informs Tove that she is The Chosen One and that she is the only one who can save everybody from Gemhakumem.
- Free-Range Children: Tove's father is in the first three strips before Tove and Dag run off on their own in the forest, where they start exploring an abandoned spaceship.
- Gravity Screw: When Tove goes to space at first. Everything there is to land on is just small, shapeless masses of land and the gravity change is quite confusing to her.
- Generic Graffiti: Somehow, the abandoned spaceship is completely plastered in graffiti, implying it was noticed before Tove and Dag stumbled onto it but that no one really cared about it more than they would care about a regular abandoned building.
- Genre Shift: Beginning on strip #50, the Magical Girl elements of the strip start to become apparent, and more sci-fi elements become prominent later.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: A rather strange double aversion. Both Tove and Dag wear headphones, although neither has even used them and seem to wear them just for decoration.
- Large Ham: Femhamu combines this with being the Exposition Fairy.
- Magic Pants: Averted with Tove when she rolls down a hill in Strip #8. Her pants tear in two spots and stay that way in subsequent strips.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Despite being a middle school girl, Tove can lift Cranberry one-handed and break down a metal door with one punch.
- Refusal of the Call: Tove, at first. She only relents when she is told the first step would involve returning back to Earth.
- Rubber Hose Limbs: Dag has extremely flexible arms. Femhamu as well, although its justified by the fact that he is an alien.
- Vine Swing: Attempted by Dag, although it doesn't end well.
- What Does This Button Do?: Dag presses the button the sphere in the spaceship, resulting in the start of Tove's otherworldly adventures as mentioned above.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: This exchange:Femhamu: The universe is under threat of a great and powerful Evil! SO EVIL!Tove: Please tell me you're joking. That's too stupid to be for real.