- "Tells the story of a cyborg caveman. Or maybe a caveman cyborg."
A Web Comic by Riel Langlois and Dan Woodhouse, about a caveman that is accidentally given bionic enhancements by an alien research team.
The titular character of the story is Thog, who is trampled by a herd of mammoths when an alien research robot attempts to administer an anal probe to an unsuspecting mammoth. Mad Scientist aliens accept that they caused the stampede and violate their code of non-interference to repair the damage. However, since the aliens themselves utilize cybernetic implants, the medical droids use bionic implants to save Thog.
updates every Monday, just after midnight. The comic has inexplicably stopped updating. Ironically, the final comic posted features a fan of the comic itself endlessly click "refresh" waiting for the next update.
Provides examples of:
- Anal Probing: The title character is trampled by a herd of mammoths when an alien research robot attempts to administer an anal probe to an unsuspecting mammoth.
- Back from the Dead: The aliens resurrect Thog at the very beginning.
- Berserk Button: Thog is pretty laid back and happy-go-lucky until one of his friends or Mud Girl is threatened.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Shaman Magog.
- Cosmic Retcon: Events in the story lead to a major change in Thog's history which is investigated by a time travel agency called the Department of Temporal Integrity and Continuity.
- Giant Spider: Does the Octosaur count?
- Mad Scientist: The Opians.
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: The Opian ship.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The aliens finally realize that they have give Thog superpowers.
- Necessarily Evil: The aliens finally realize that they have given Thog superpowers, and decide they must erase their mistake, even though they admire Thog.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Thog vs. the Thogsmasher.
- Super Soldier: The Thogsmasher.
- Translation Convention: Alien language; protolanguage the cavemen speak.
- Weird Science: Constantly.