Beautiful Muscle Girl Tetsuko is a webcomic created, written, and illustrated by David C. Matthews. It is not published on a regular schedule, but “whenever a page is finished” (to quote the creator).
Tetsuko Breckenridge attends college at the University of Florida - Orlando, and works as office clerk/lab assistant/Girl Friday to the brilliant (and beautiful) scientist Dr. Sonya Gannon. One fateful Saturday, a group of thugs working for crime boss Hamilton Slade “visit” the lab where Sonya and Tetsuko are working. Seems that the aged, wheelchair-bound Slade has learned that Sonya is developing a formula that combats aging, rejuvenating the human body. Slade wants the formula; Sonya protests that the formula is years away from completion, and hasn’t even been tested on humans yet. Winston, Slade’s right-hand man, decides that maybe it’s time the formula was tested - on Tetsuko! Sonya is forced at gunpoint to inject her loyal friend and assistant with the potentially deadly chemical, and can only watch in horror as Tetsuko collapses, apparently dead. At a loss as to how to proceed, Winston decides to bring Dr. Gannon to the Big Boss himself, who’ll decide what happens next.
But just after everyone leaves, Tetsuko undergoes an amazing transformation…
NSFW (due to nudity).
Tetsuko contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Even before her transformation, Slade's hired muscle deGoff finds Tetsuko's no shrinking violet. (And afterward...)
- Amazonian Beauty: Tetsuko is 6'3" and has more muscle than most male bodybuilders. She spends most of the series being near nude since there aren't a lot of clothes she can wear that would fit her nor would last very long with her action-packed life. Also, the vast majority of bonus art for the series is pin ups of her wearing little to no clothing.
- Applied Phlebotinum: The “anti-aging” formula Dr. Gannon is developing. But because its effects on Tetsuko were completely unexpected, it can also be considered a case of Phlebotinum Breakdown. (But remember, Chemistry Can Do Anything!)
- And This Is for...: Tetsuko catalogues the grievances she and Sonya have against Slade and his goons rather percussively.
- Artistic License – Physics: Transformed Tetsuko getting Blown Across the Room by Winston's Hand Cannon. Setting aside that bullets don't work like that, any handgun powerful enough to do that to the super-strong Tetsuko would've torn Winston's arm off.
- Brains and Brawn: Sonya and Tetsuko are best friends. Sonya is a beautiful super intelligent scientist and Tetsuko, especially post-transformation, is a beautiful hulking woman.
- The Brute: Slade's henchman deGoff
- Eyelid Pull Taunt: Tetsuko does this to deGoff.
- Gentle Giant: Tetsuko still has her friendly and kind personality post-transformation.
- Hand Cannon: Winston pulls one out of his trenchcoat when he decides his "regular" gun won't be powerful enough against the transformed Tetsuko.
- Hot Scientist: Sonya manages to be expert in multiple areas of science while maintaining her extremely curvy build. Her standard attire is a lab coat on top with an extremely lowcut minidress that reveals a lot of cleavage.
- Lampshade Hanging: Even Sonya is mystified as to how her anti-aging formula was able to give Tetsuko her increased height, muscle mass and strength.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Derek hated Tetsuko's being more muscular than him. He also betrayed her by telling Slade and Winston about Sonya's research. As a result Tetsuko is a lot larger than he will likely ever be.
- Meaningful Name: The name "Tetsuko" (very) loosely translates as "Iron Girl" (if the first kanji in the name is tetsu "iron").
- Meganekko: Sonya
- Most Common Superpower: Tetsuko and Sonya are both extremely well-endowed.
- Ms. Fanservice: Tetsuko and Sonya, both. Tetsuko is an Innocent Fanservice Girl (dresses in outfits she feels complement her physique, but not to be deliberately provocative). Sonya possesses a touch of the Shameless Fanservice Girl: while her outfits aren’t usually “skimpy”, they do usually (and deliberately to be provocative) show off a lot of cleavage.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: Before her transformation, Tetsuko's boyfriend Derek freaks out when he sees Tetsuko's bicep, crudely proclaiming he won't date a woman more muscled than him. He doesn't take it well when she reveals her new form.
- No Plans, No Prototype, No Backup: After she sees her (malfunctioning) anti-aging formula change mob boss Hamilton Slade into a super-being, Sonya vows to destroy what's left of the formula and halt all future development.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Dr. Gannon may not be an expert in every branch of science, but in a number enough to seem so (for all practical purposes).
- Rapunzel Hair: Another side-effect of the serum is massive hair growth. Tetsuko hair post transformation is about six feet tall yet her hair goes down to her knees.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Sonya delivers one to Winston:Sonya: And I will not "conduct business" with anyone who barges in here uninvited, scares my assistant half to death and smashes a perfectly good door. You now have three seconds [to get out of my lab]!
- Secretly Wealthy: Sonya, who’s made a fortune from patents, and thus can afford to fund her own research.
- Ship Tease: Sonya conducts a rather unorthodox experiment to test Tetsuko’s invulnerability to gunfire. After firing a bullet at Tetsuko’s flexed bicep (and watching the bullet ricochet, shattering a nearby monitor), Sonya examines her muscle for any injury - but her touch lingers a bit too long to be purely clinical (causing both women to blush, triggering a Will They or Won't They? moment before both turn away, embarrassed.)
- Waif-Fu: Before the transformation Tetsuko was strong enough bench press 250 pounds and beat up deGoff, Slade's largest henchmen. Sonya is surprised how strong she considering how thin she appears but in actually Tetsuko is a lot more muscular than she looks, and flexing her arms practically doubles the size of her biceps.