StableQuest was a recursive webcomic of Fallout: Equestria done in the style of MS Paint Adventures. Like the original, it was a crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and the Fallout universe.
The Equestrian Wasteland is an okay place to live. At least, for a caravan guard named Sierra Scorch, who gets by sleeping on the job most of the time. The skies are nice and clear, things look after themselves for the most part, and the job is easy going. And despite a lack of caps and a few mishaps with a repair or two, it isn't too hard going.
That is, until a large black cloud with a giant laser descends on the convoy, destroying nearly everything and everyone. In the aftermath, Sierra is pulled from the wreckage by the only other apparent survivor, an earth stallion named Wanderlust, and left wondering as to what happened. Throw in a trip to a creepy Stable and the future looks fairly uncertain.
Sadly the comic has since been canceled and domain expired. You can find an archive of the comic here.
StableQuest provides examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Kiss: After suffering from a severe lack of blood, Wander hallucinates Sierra to be his significant other and kisses her quite forcefully. Sierra is noticeably red after the event.
- After the End
- Anyone Can Die:Or at least everyone in convoy in the opening acts.
- But Thou Must!: Despite accepting commands, there are some things that the characters refuse to do. Like kiss for example.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Sierra comes across as this at times, often having very strange thoughts and ideas. That might just be up to the commands she's been given though.
- Diegetic Interface: The HUD (EFS) that Sierra sees when she first puts on the Pip Buck.
- Fantastic Racism: Wander doesn't mind unicorns, but they're not exactly proper ponies.
- Hallucinations: Wander manages to hallucinate Sierra as his dead partner due to lacking quite a lot of blood.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Sierra is particularly small compared to normal ponies, and her current partner, Wanderlust definitely has an advantage on her size wise.
- Humiliation Conga: Starting out getting berated by her employer, half breaking a wagon while repairing it, being blasted by a gigantic laser from the sky, passing out several times, losing most of her stuff, having to suffer getting a Pipbuck attached to her, and finally exploring a creepy Stable. It's not been a good day for Sierra.
- No Indoor Voice: The main character, Sierra Scorch, seems to have a problem with talking at a normal volume with strangers.
- Unusual Ears: For such a small pony, Sierra has quite long ears.