I.M. Hip is a webcomic created by Thomas Fay Syndicate. Originally published on Intodit before moving to DeviantArt the following year, the strip is about Irwin Murphy "I.M." Hip, the smartest kid in school...at least initially. As the years pass, I.M. graduates from school and the strip follows him to the University of Minnesota, then back home with his mother, and currently to a law firm he runs with his college flame, a British prodigy named Sophie Finn Xavier.
When the strip is not focused on I.M., it looks over at his younger sister Ursula Randall (U.R.) Hip. She may not be as smart as her brother, but she gets by with her mother, her new (since late 2017) boyfriend Biff Wilson, her best friend Josie, and even Jenny Everywhere.
It updates on Fridays, despite the occasional Schedule Slip.
I.M. Hip contains examples of:
- Bald of Evil: Mr. Albany
- Cassandra Truth: When asked "How was college?", I.M. tries to tell his mother of his amazing escapades at the University, her response is "No really. How was College?"
- Catchphrase: Mr. Albany's "50 lines!"
- Cat Girl: Chloe
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": "Mom" and "The President"
- Goth: Inga
- I Am Very British: Sophie
- Jenny Everywhere: U.R.'s classmate. That's right: even "The Shifter" has to answer to Mr. Albany!
- Milestone Celebration: Every hundredth strip
- My Beloved Smother: Mom
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Mr. Albany
- No Name Given: Mom
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Myrtle can breathe air just as well as water. To pass off as a human, she needs to be given prosthetic legs and put into a wheelchair. This disguise works on Mr. Albany, until her cover was accidentally blown.
- Philosopher's Stone: I.M. finds one, but it's quickly confiscated by Mr. Albany, who proceeds to down the Elixer of Life in one gulp.Mr. Albany: I'm INVINCIBLE!
- President Evil: Guess who Albany hires to be his sole juror.
- Punny Name: I.M. Hip and his sister, U.R. Hip.
- Spicy Latina: Chenta
- This Means War!: Declared by Mr. Albany on the four hundredth strip
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: "You're next!"
- Writing Lines: Mr. Albany loves these.
- You Wanna Get Sued?: Chloe stops I.M. from singing Stairway to Heaven