The game was released in 2012, eventually seeing a major overhaul in 2018 with all-new HD art, new routes, and even a new character, Nanami.
The game can be downloaded here.
Kare wa Kanojo provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Sakura's father does not take kindly to Sakura being trans.
- Genki Girl: Nanami, described as a 'cute energy bomb' once she's around her friends.
- H-Game: Initially, although all of the sexual content has since been removed in following updates.
- The '90s: The game takes place in 1997 during the Heisei era of Japan.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Rika's relationship route, considering how she acts.