The Visit is a video game created by Molkman and Majus Arts for Kongregate and Newgrounds in 2012. In it, you play as a nameless man who has to get to his ladyfriend while avoiding crabs.
The game's rather short, so before reading the trope list, it's recommended to play it here or here.
This game provides the following tropes:
- Badass Moustache: Our hero has a Mario-like one.
- Deconstruction Game: Of jumping on enemies in video games.
- High-Voltage Death: In the worst ending, the main character dies on an electric chair.
- Multiple Endings: Six, depending on the protagonist's actions:
- Great Guy: The Golden Ending. He kills no crabs and reaches the house.
- Forgiven: A Bittersweet Ending. He kills a crab, chooses the sorry response, apologises and reaches the house.
- Bad Person: A Downer Ending. He kills a crab, chooses the rude response but doesn't destroy the funeral and reaches the house.
- Sad Person: A very Downer Ending. He kills a crab, chooses either response, destroys the funeral and reaches the house.
- Rascal On The Run: A Bittersweet Ending. He kills a crab, and escapes the court via the window on the right.
- Horrible Person: A really Downer Ending. He kills a crab, jumps on a lamp, and kills the judge.
- Pacifist Run: Encouraged to get the best ending.
- Tally Marks on the Prison Wall: The hero does a lot of them on the prison walls, floor and toilet if he goes there.