Street Racer, one of the Atari 2600's launch titles, is a series of 27 games for one to four players, all based on a simple Driving Game premise: Move your vehicle back and forth at the bottom of the screen, and either dodge or touch objects coming down from the top. The screen is divided into two tracks, players one and three are on the right, and players two and four are on the left.
- Games 1-6: Street racer. Avoid cars as you pass them.
- Games 7-12: Slalom. Ski down a hill while avoiding obstacles.
- Games 13-16: Dodgem. Use the fire button to move your car up the screen, to complete Wrap Around "laps" while avoiding obstacles.
- Games 17-20: Jet Shooter. Shoot and dodge enemy planes as they come at you.
- Games 21-24: Number Cruncher. Run over numbers as they come down the screen.
- Games 25-27: Scoop Ball. Pick up balls and deposit them in a Computer Scooper.
Not to be confused with the mid-90s video game published by Ubisoft.
Street Racer provides examples of:
- All-Stereotype Cast: features a self-absorbed rich guy, a sexy surfer girl, a hi-tech sumo fighter from Japan, a tribal chieftain from Kenya, a Red Baron pastiche from Germany, and a turban-wearing Turkish guy on a flying carpet.
- Driving Game
- No Plot? No Problem!
- Obstacle Ski Course
- One Bullet at a Time: The Jet Shooter games.
- Player Versus Player
- Scoring Points
- Timed Mission: 2:16 per round.
- Top-Down View
- Wrap Around: The Dodgem games.