A variant of NetHack. Slash'EM (Super Lotsa Added Stuff Hack — Extended Magic) is generally considered harder.
You can find it here.
This mod addsnote examples of:
- Bottomless Bladder: Averted. There are toilets, but their use isn't obvious at first. If you're Satiated and sit on one, you "take a dump" and lose some nutrition, as well as being cured of sickness. It is extremely likely someone will ever use it anyway, but it's there.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: In a earlier version of the game you could literally do this. He's ungodly strong and respawns anyways, but you know you want to try.
- Fun with Acronyms: The title doesn't mean much, but it spells "slash 'em" — as in Hack and Slash.
- Interface Screw: Hallucination returns, with the added caveat of affecting items as well. Not even your inventory is safe, including that unicorn horn you might be tempted to use.
- Ki Manipulation: Monks get it.
- Laser Blade: Yes, you can wish for a lightsaber. Remember to turn it on first.
- Lethal Joke Item: There is an artifact spoon called Houchou that instantly kills whatever you throw it at, but it breaks afterwards.
- Nerf: The Dwarven Valkyrie. The advantages in the original game to playing a dwarven valkyrie is that you can get Excalibur with your sword early on, and the mines are considerably easier, since the gnomes are friendly. However, in Slash'EM the long sword you use to get Excalibur is replaced with a dwarven spear, and the mines are filled with zombies.
- Our Elves Are Different: Changed from chaotic-only to lawful/neutral, with the addition of drow to fill in the "chaotic elf" niche. This gives standard elves a much wider selection of alignment-specific roles.
- Schizo Tech: Soldiers now carry various guns, most of which use the same ammunition. However, no other enemies carry guns, and you are eventually going to run out of bullets...