Pick n' Pluck - Vs. Rosie is a Friday Night Funkin' Game Mod created by Shiba Chichi. It is notable for being the first to have the opponent say a random line every time you get blue balled, similar to Tankman from Week 7.
In Week 1, Boyfriend and Girlfriend walk into a very quiet but also beautiful cherry tree park that they never frequented. However, they are blocked from further entering by an elf named Rosie, who is the leader of a territorial gang known as "the Belladonnas". What's more, she has a bunch of weapons that were given to her by Daddy Dearest. Some say she is equal to Pico in power when it comes to using these weapons. Rosie (almost) immediately recognizes Girlfriend, as she happens to know Daddy Dearest, and while she allows Girlfriend in, she is extremely mad at Boyfriend for trespassing onto her territory and tells him that she must battle her if he wants to go with Girlfriend, or he gets shot.
In Week 2, Rosie decides to open a cafe and invites Boyfriend to rap battle with her so they can attract more customers.
Song ListWeek 1
- Nightshade (Bonus song)
Week 2: Belladonna Sweets
- Coffee Shop
- Bubble Tea
- Love Shortcake
- Girl from the Cafe (Bonus song)
Pick n' Pluck provides examples of:
- Catchphrase: Rosie apparently has "Ara ara" as her catchphrase, considering how she says it quite a few times in "Petals" and "Coffee Shop".
- Combat Pragmatist: Rosie plays fair until "Poison", where she starts shooting at Boyfriend with him needing to avoid her attacks or else he loses half of his health best case scenario or dies worse case.
- Cute Little Fangs: Rosie is shown to have these in Week 2.
- Dark Action Girl: In spite of her light-colored clothes, Rosie is the leader of a highly territorial gang and doesn't fuck around with trespassers.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Rosie says "Ara ara" twice during "Petals" and "Coffee Shop". Also, in the instrumental of "Poison", there's also a "Haii!" near the very end.
- Have a Nice Death: Lose to Rosie, and she will snark at you on the Game Over screen.
- Kaizo Trap: There's a caution note after the "Haii!" which can kill you if you are below half your HP.
- Ms. Fanservice: Rosie's clothes are somewhat revealing, as part of her breasts is seen in her up sprite and on the mod's banner on Gamebanana. Her cafe outfit in Week 2 also reveals a bit of cleavage.
- Non Standard Game Over: Taking a leaf from Friday Night Funkin' HD's book, the player must hit pink-colored caution notes to avoid getting hit by bullets shot by Rosie. Getting hit by one of these will cut off half your health and even kill you if it's low enough. It can even happen on just the first note.
- Ornamental Weapon: She plays it straight for her gun, seen in her first two songs, but subverts it during "Poison" with her AK-47.
- Pink Means Feminine: Rosie holds pink-colored guns and wears pink herself.
- Turns Red: Before "Poision", Rosie throws her microphone and puts her gun away...then brings out a pink-colored AK-47. And she makes it clear that it isn't meant for show.
- Villainous Breakdown: After beating "Poison", Rosie bursts into tears, considering herself a terrible leader due to losing to Boyfriend. Fortunately for her, Boyfriend doesn't hold a grudge against her (As by this point he's used to people trying to kill him), and he consoles her, allowing her to calm down.
- Villain Respect: After Boyfriend and Girlfriend make it clear to Rosie that they don't hold a grudge against her, she calms down and admits that Boyfriend is deserving of her respect.