The premise is that you are a titular chip exploring the inside of the cybersphere, and are able to install yourself into new devices you stumble across in order to gain new abilities in this manner.
Tropes present in this game:
- Bottomless Magazines: The tank mech that is one of your playable forms has infinite bombs.
- Collision Damage: The worm enemies only need to touch the player character to damage them. However, it's entirely safe to jump onto the side of the turret blocks, and it is in fact often necessary to progress.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The game is in strict black and white by default, but it allows the player to select a range of other monochrome palettes in the settings.
- Flash of Pain: Both the player character and their healthbar flickers and shakes for a few seconds after they get hit.
- Friendly Fireproof: The explosions from the bombs shot out by the tank mech won't damage you.
- Instant Armor: The player character instantly switches from the unarmored chip form to the much larger and bulkier armored forms. Justified, since everything is apparently in cyberspace.
- Platform Battle: The second stage of the battle with the dinosaur boss requires you to get onto the right one of the three platforms so that you would have a good firing angle when switching to a tank form - all while being under constant fire from the boss.
- Spikes of Doom: Triangular spikes that are often larger than your own character are a frequent obstacle.
- Spread Shot: The upgraded tank form can fire a spread of three bombs.
- Super Spit: A dinosaur-like boss can generate an Energy Ball-like projectiles inside its mouth.