Lunar Ball (Lunar Pool in the US) is a video game created and developed by Compile for Nintendo Entertainment System and MSX, in which the player must go through several differently shaped pool tables, knocking all of the balls into the pockets using a cue ball. There are sixty levels, and the player may choose to play them all in the right order, or choose a random level to play.
- Cosmic Motifs: Lunar motif. Lampshaded by the title itself.
- Flawless Victory: The game will congratulate the player's perfect performance on a level if they manage to win it without losing lives and without failing to put balls into the pockets in every round played. This also awards the player an extra life.
- Market-Based Title: Lunar Ball becomes Lunar Pool in the USA.
- No Plot? No Problem!: Just have fun playing billiards in tables with insane shapes.
- Remixed Level: Some levels are similar to levels played previously, but with the balls in different positions.
- Unwinnable by Insanity: The game allows the friction of the pool table to be altered. It goes as far down as 0 no friction. At 0, balls will move at a constant speed, making it possible for the balls to be caught in an infinite loop if none of them are pocketed.