Kate's little sister Bubble is sick with a debilitating ailment. If something is not done soon, she will incur permanent damage. But, according to the village Elder, there's a possible cure - a multi-hued flower. However, it's located in the bottom floor of the spectrite mine just outside the village. So, it's up to Kate and her trusty slingshot to adventure down into the mines in order to procure the cure.
This is also an expanded post-jam version of the original Ludum Dare 32 entry.
Iridescent provides examples of:
- Brats with Slingshots: Although not a brat, Kate uses a slingshot to fire the spectrite stones.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Each of the four spectrite stone types is color-coded to indicate their effect.
- Red for fire
- Orange for light.
- Blue for ice.
- White for monster slaying.
- Elemental Powers:
- An Ice Person: The blessed blue spectrite stones can freeze the waters, making it walk-able.
- Light 'em Up; The blessed orange spectrite stones will light up the entire room upon contact with anything. It can also open up and reveal hidden passageways.
- Playing with Fire: The blessed red spectrite stones create a fiery explosion on contact with an enemy or a wall.
- Excuse Plot: Kate's little sister is sick with an ailment. Head onto the dark and spooky caves to find a cure that could help save your sister.
- Giant Mook: The final boss is a giant bat.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: There are numerous cat puns in the dialogue.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Contact with any enemy or hazard is immediately lethal.
- Super Drowning Skills: Kate cannot swim in any of the pools. Falling into one is lethal for her.