Garrison: Archangel is a PC mecha-fighting game which took some inspiration from the Gundam Vs Series, except with the ability to customize independent parts of your mecha at will. It is being developed by Indigo Entertainment.
The game was released on May 15th 2020, after an early access period from October 2017. You can find the game here.
The game Contains example of:
- BFS: Dominus, a mecha-sized greatsword that doubles as a railgun which is charged by performing melee hits.
- With the recent update, the Mountain Splitter is a fine addition.
- Elite Tweak: Your machine can be separated into the head, arms, torso, legs and internal modules. There are also the right, left and back weapon/equipment. All of which are differing in weight, armor and mobility values.
- Flash Step: You can perform evasive dash move. It depletes some of your boost gauge however.
- Gatling Good: Vindicator Cannons.
- Guns Akimbo: A possible mech configuration. Note that it eschew melee weapons entirely.
- High-Speed Missile Dodge: Given that there are a lot of missile launcher parts, this is bound to happen.
- Humongous Mecha
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The game offers three of them as of October 2017, which allow you to mitigate damage when performing guard command. Larger ones allow you to parry melee hits or tackle your opponent outright.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Several variants of them launchers which are offered as shoulder and back weapon choices. It's very easy to turn your mecha into missile boat.
- Pile Bunker:Strelka pilebunker, an arm weapon.
Mission Mode examples:
- Eagle Land: Both flavors come packaged in Eagle Aerospace
- The Empire: The Solar Imperial Legion.
- The Mafia: The Pagetti Crime Family.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: The main factions and corporations take inspiration from real life empires, nations and factions:
- Main factions:
- The Solar Imperial Legion is based off Ancient Rome
- Piedrana Separatists are based off Rebel Groups
- Du Couronne are based off French Knights
- Sunfield Frontier are based off Japan
- Pagetti Crime Family are based off the Mafia.
- Eagle Aerospace is based off USA
- Medvedev is based off Soviet Russia
- Stahlwalder-Nibelungenwerke is based off Germany.
- Montaglione is based off France with a bit of Spain thrown in.
- Shenji is based of China.
- Yoshikawa is based of Japan.
- Astra Solutions is based off India.
- Maaga Industries is based off Philippines
- Bleeding Edge is not based off any nation but judging by their messages they seem like young teenagers who spend alot of time on the Internet.
- Main factions:
- Private Military Contractors: The ghosts, in fact you play as one.
- Wilhelm Scream: Comes in different pitches from the enemy grunts you shoot down.