Despicable Forces is a game created in the Roblox Engine by Shovelware Studios. The game frames itself as an adventure obby and is, of all things, a parody of Sonic Forces
using characters from the Illumination Movie Despicable Me
. Perhaps more bizarre than this odd choice of a crossover is the unusual amount of quality put into the game, which isn't something you'd typically get out of a Roblox Obby.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Commands: Like Forces, there is one section during game where the player is required to perform a Double Boost with Gru in order to escape Mel Space.
- Another Dimension: Subverted, unlike Sonic Forces, where Classic Gru is specifically stated to be from "A different time period".
- Artifact of Doom: Mel's nametag, much like the Phantom Ruby.
- Bait-and-Switch: Throughout the game El Macho is constantly hyped up as the strongest member of Mel's army by the other villains. However, when you finally encounter him in Crimson Carnival he simply stands there obstructing your path and is taken out with a single Banana Boost.
- Big Damn Heroes: Happens at the end of the game when Your Avatar arrives piloting a giant Minion Mech in order to fight a now colossal Mel.
- Call-Back: There's tons of nods and references to all 3 movies throughout the game.
- Casino Park: Shovelware Casino in stages 8 and 9.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: What happens to Gru after the second stage.
- Double Jump: Every playable character has one.
- Eviler Than Thou: Mel is declared by Nefario to be this to Gru after the former summons every previous movie villain to beat Gru up.
- Leitmotif: Happy by Pharrel Williams is used in Stage 2's music and also serves as the End Level Results jingle.
- Minions March from the original movie's OST is also used a few times.
- Missed the Recital: The driving force behind the second stage, where Gru realizes he's late for his daughters' dance recital after getting a call from his mother.