Death Trips is a comedy-horror Point-and-Click Game made in 2018 by creator Alberto Navarro.
There's a Serial Killer named Lady Death hiding at an infamous hotel. As the protagonist, Inspector M. James, the player must investigate this hotel and confront the murderer.
The game is very short, only a few minutes long, and boasts a twist-ending.
Download it here.
Tropes found in this game:
- 20 Minutes into the Past: The game takes place on the Halloween of 2008, but was released in 2018.
- Anti-Climax: The game builds up to the climatic meeting with Lady Death...who trips and dies halfway down the hallway.
- Death by Falling Over: Lady Death dies when they sprint at the player and suddenly stumble into a flower pot.
- First-Person Ghost: The investigator may very well be invisible; none of their body-parts appear on screen.
- Jump Scare: The hallway is dark and quiet. Then, loud music starts playing as the lights flicker on, and Lady Death is shown standing at the very end. Then they sprint toward the player.
- Mood Whiplash: The game is quiet and builds up to the confrontation with Lady Death...only to turn hilarious when she trips and promptly dies, ending the game. Cue the somber piano music as the credits roll.
- No-Tell Motel: The hotel is described as very cheap, and it's the location of Lady Death's most recent murder.
- Pun-Based Title: The joke is that Lady Death dies by tripping. Thus, "Death Trips".