Combat Core is an upcoming game funded on Kickstarter for pc. From the official Kickstarter page:
Combat Core is a 3D arena fighting game that borrows elements from classic games like Power Stone, Custom Robo, and other fighters. The fighting mechanics focus on fast-paced combat, strategic use of your environment, and weapons in the arena. Here are the key features (more depending on stretch goals!):
High-Powered Combat from 1v1 to 4 player battle royale or team modesPhysics-based environment destruction and interactive ragdolls
Original Characters with fun, unique movesets and strengths
Combat Cores can boost fighter stats and grant special attacks to fit your play style!
Local Multiplayer + Online Multiplayer using Exit Game's Photon Networking Framework
Interactive Arenas with a variety of mechanics and hazards
Weapon Pickups ranging from lazer swords to energy grenade launchers, with multiple attacks and uses
Full Character Editor to create custom fighters with different gear, stats, and skills
Oculus Rift Compatible - The first fighting game with native Oculus Rift support
This game seeks to be the successor to such games as Power Stone. The voice acting will be done by both mainstream voice actors and noted internet celebrities. The Kickstarter compaign goal was reached with only an hour to spare.
After three years of development it has finally coming to Steam on August 18, 2016.
Steam trailer https://youtu.be/e6yVZ0J40wQ
Combat Core contains examples of:
- Action Girl: The original cast contains a healthy mix of women and men and the create a character supports girls as well as guys.
- Expy: Fitting its Power Stone inspiration, spotlight character Bruizer looks just like Edward Falcon.
- Guest Fighter: Two of the characters are Kizuna and Zetto from TOME.
- Shout-Out: As a nod to the game's "special backers", there are costume pieces that let you turn your custom character into Matt McMuscles, Woolie, The Baz, or the Scrublord.
- Spiritual Successor: To such early 00 games such as Power Stone.