Remember the scenes of Atreyu and Bastian riding the fluffy dragon in The Never Ending Story?
Well, this is Flying on Falkor: The Game.
A game begins with a boy in bed. Click the "dream" button, and a grinning, furry face appears in the bedroom window. Then it's out of bed and through the door you go, running and jumping along an endless series of platforms high in the trees of a magical forest collecting stars, additional time to stave off the alarm clock from waking you, and other bonus items.
Your furry flying friend keeps pace with you, occasionally providing assistance such as his letting you bounce off his Trampoline Tummy, or grab his tail and Vine Swing across a gap. Collect enough stars to fill the meter, and you hop onto his back and take off into the sky for a while.
- All Just a Dream: Not a spoiler in this case.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Actually, you can't die — if you fall, one of the little flying bunny-creatures rescues you at the cost of all your stars.
- Guilt-Based Gaming: After a game ends, you can select whether to "wake up" or "dream again". Select the former and Buddy gives you this pathetic hang-dog look and slinks off.
- Oh, Crap!: When Buddy spots a danger off-screen, he makes a panicked sound and zips forward to position himself to assist you.
- Trampoline Tummy: One of the ways Buddy assists the player at certain spots.
- Updated Re-release: The Dream Edition. It makes the graphics better (since it's able to be played on the Nintendo Wii U) and adds seasons and clothes
- Vine Swing: With tire swings in this case (it's a child's dream, remember?) Also, Buddy lets you swing from his tail at spots.