Bugs vs. Tanks is a tank simulator designed by Keiji Inafune as part of Level-5's Guild 02 collection. The player takes command of a tank crew that was part of a German World War II battalion that has been mysteriously shrunk.
This game provides examples of:
- Antlion Monster: Actual antlions appear in the desert sections.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Zigzagged. All the bugs are normal sized, the player characters are just really, really small.
- Jerkass: Lieutenant Kremmel, to the point where even your commanding officer apologises for making you rescue him.
- Not Me This Time: The player characters initially assume that they were shrunk by an Allied weapon. You eventually encounter a Russian tank battalion that blames you for the incident.
- Those Wacky Nazis: The player character is a sergeant in a WW II German tank battalion, and most of the other characters are fellow soldiers.