The game is about a bunch of armadillos avoiding becoming the meal of angry bears by rolling away from them. In order to win the game, you need not outrun the bears, but the other players. So, in order to win, you need to get the other players killed by the bears.
BearZerkers contains examples of:
- Artistic License Biology: The panda bears are vicious and persistent predators here, whereas in reality they are best known for their reliance on bamboo. While it is possible for them to occasionally eat meat, eggs and fish, they have the slowest metabolism of all the bear species, and thus the untiring chasing behavior seen in the game is exceedingly unlikely.
- Barrier-Busting Blow: The Player Characters can't bust through the Wormsign barriers created by tunneling, but the bears can.
- Bears Are Bad News: The bears in the game are as vicious as they look.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: Each player has a different colour to differentiate who from who.
- Competitive Multiplayer: The game is about avoiding death by bear, while making sure the other players suffer it.
- Creepy Cemetery: This is one of the levels in the game. It has a couple of coffins on the left, and a mausoleum on the right.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Can be hard to see, but you explode in a bloody mess when caught by bears.
- Pun-Based Title: Bear + Berserkers.
- Sprint Shoes: One of the power-ups you can collect allows you to move faster for a short time.
- Wormsign: You can burrow underground, and this appears in your path. It can block the path of other players.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: With a title like "BearZerkers", how can this trope NOT be involved?