- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $40 million. Box office, $28.4 million. Unlike the first Nut Job movie, which did remarkably well at the box office despite toxic reviews, this film has done very poorly at the box office, and has gotten only slightly better reviews than the last one (11% compared to the last movie's 10% on Rotten Tomatoes). Part of a very miserable year for animation studio Toonbox Entertainment, and distributor Open Road Films.
- Children Voicing Children: Both the mayor's daughter (Heather) as well as child Surly are voiced by Isabella Moner and Justin Felbinger.
- Cross-Regional Voice Acting: While the first film was mostly recorded in Toronto, this film utilized a mix of both Canadian and American vocal talent in its many roles.
- Delayed Release Tie-In: While the film was delayed from May to August 2017, a Hardee's tie-in still ran in the former month.
- The Other Darrin: Tom Kenny and Kari Wahlgren replace Rob Tinkler (who still appears as his other character, Redline) and Annick Obonsawin as Buddy and Jamie. Though in the final film, Buddy is reduced to The Voiceless.
- Likewise, Dwayne Hill takes over from Scott McCord from the first film as the police officer.
Trivia / The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature