- Breakout Character: Spider-Girl began as a What If? one-shot.
- Only Barely Renewed: The series floated on the cancellation line throughout it's run. It managed to make it to 100 issues before the series was finally cancelled. Due to this happening right on the heels of One More Day, Editor in Chief Joey Quesada gave the green light to relaunch the series as Amazing Spidergirl to placate fans who wanted Peter and Mary Jane to remain married. Sales continued to drop with the relaunch however and when it was cancelled at issue 30, it was relaunched again first as a Digital Series and then as a backup.
- Uncanceled: Many, many times.
- What Could Have Been: The Reveal about Darkdevil never happened despite being set up in Venom and Gwen Reilly arcs. Word of God is that he probably would have told the Parkers the truth had the series continued.
- Writer Revolt: Oooh, boy - Mayday's creators were not thrilled at what Dan Slott had done to her during Spider-Verse, going so far as to subtly hint that the Mayday they were seeing was not the real one. Even more so, when they returned with a set of backstories for Secret Wars (2015), they hint that Mayday just hasn't gotten over her father's death and everyone keeps calling her "Spider-Girl" instead of the "Spider-Woman" name she took up for herself.
Trivia / Spider-Girl