- Big Name Fan: Dave Grohl, who has praised them a lot, wrote the foreword to Max's autobiography, and also had Max collaborate on a song for his Probot project.
- Breakthrough Hit: Due to the band signing to Roadrunner Records at the time, Beneath the Remains is considered this. The followup Arise was a bigger hit which sold over a million copies worldwidenote and is considered to be Sepultura's most celebrated album.
- Fan Nickname: The "Maximum 4"note , which refers to Sepultura's universally accepted Top 4 albums: Beneath the Remains, Arise, Chaos A.D., and Roots. All four albums were released back-to-back and are all considered classics in the metal genre and are a relection of the band's prime which featured the strong synergy between Sepultura with Max Cavalera on vocals and the support of their label, Roadrunner Records.
- He Also Did: Max voiced the CG Scorpion King in The Mummy Returns.
- The Pete Best: Jairo Guedes and Wagner Lamounier, who left before the band recorded albums.
- What Could Have Been: The band originally got in contact with Jello Biafra because they wanted him to cowrite a song about neonazis, "something like 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off - Part 2'". Jello wasn't interested in remaking his old songs, but offered them some lyrics he recently wrote while attending an ecological conference, which became "Biotech Is Godzilla".
Trivia / Sepultura