- Awesome Music: There's a reason they're one of metal's biggest acts in the world right now. With earth-shattering albums like Beneath the Remains, Chaos A.D., Against, Dante XXI, Schizophrenia, and Roots, they simply have done it all. And who can forget the fan-favorite album Arise?
- Ear Worm: ROOTS! BLOODY ROOOOOTS!
- Ensemble Dark Horse: While Green-era Sepultura is divisive, virtually everyone will agree that Eloy Casagrande is a fantastic drummer.
- Fanon Discontinuity: 90% of Sepultura fans will stop after Roots as it is the last to feature Max Cavalera on vocals. Many fans say that Max's departure is what killed Sepultura.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: They are not very popular in Brazil. They discovered about their foreign popularity when their tour in Europe attracted more crowds than the headliner (Venom).
- Of particular note is their 1991 album Arise earning a gold certification in Indonesia, a nation that is (otherwise) not exactly the biggest market for metal music.
- Growing the Beard: Schizophrenia. While Morbid Visions is considered a classic and is typically viewed as one of the first true black metal albums, the fact of the matter is that without Andreas Kisser's far greater technical ability and more sophisticated songwriting, they probably would have never gone anywhere.
- Misattributed Song: There's a parody mostly labeled as "Sepultura ft. Luciano Pavarotti".
- Yoko Oh No: Andreas Kissers' wife after an 2010 interview with Max.
- Some fans saw Max's wife as this during the breakup phase.
YMMV / Sepultura