- Banned in China: A variation: Runaway Brain was released in German theaters (the German title, incidentally, is Micky Monster-Maus), but it was not included in the German release of the Disney Treasures set, Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2, presumably because of its scary content. All other international releases of the set did include the cartoon, however.
- Executive Meddling: While it may be strange to think the Disney Corporation themselves allowed such a change of imagery and tone of their mascot, they did force some scenes to be cut, explaining the short being possibly too quick-paced and the short presence of the doctor.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The short's only availability on home video was on the Disney Treasures set, Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2, which has been long out of print. It is also available on the "Disney Movies Anywhere" version of the "Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection".
- Old Shame: Disney Company its self also has some negative stigma to this short due to the short's darker tone and the negative reactions from audiences. Possibly explaining its rare and limited availability over the years.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Dr. Frankenollie also appeared in the Disney Website's CyberNettiquette Comix. When you consider how Disney tried to bury Dr. Frankenollie's original appearance, his Internet appearances would have been the first time the character appeared to younger fans. This trope ended up inverted, though: the Cyber Nettiquette Comix are gone from the current website, while Runaway Brain itself is now online.
- What Could Have Been:
- The short was also suppose to be shown before 101 Dalmatians (1996), but Disney asked theaters to cut the short and replace it with trailers for upcoming Disney movies. The decision came so late that some theaters ended up showing both the short and the trailers.
- Instead of Dr. Frankenollie, the mad scientist in the short was supposed to be Professor Ecks from the Floyd Gottfredson comic story Blaggard Castle.
Trivia / Runaway Brain