- Author Existence Failure: VERY narrowly averted with Danny Elfman, who was almost asphyxiated during a show when two fans in the crowd he'd just dove into grabbed either end of his t-shirt and pulled with all their might, bunching it up around his throat. Luckily, the shirt tore right before he passed out.
- Creator Breakdown: In the early '90s, after completing his music for The Nightmare Before Christmas, Danny Elfman had a nervous breakdown while dealing with the pressures of trying to be a full-time film composer and the frontman for a rock band simultaneously. The result was a brief falling-out with Tim Burton and the band eventually splitting up when Elfman decided to focus exclusively on film scores.
- He Also Did: Boingo members Marc Mann and Steve Bartek contributed string and percussion production, respectively, for Avenged Sevenfold's Self-Titled Album, as exemplified with their work on "A Little Piece of Heaven".
- Old Shame
- Danny Elfman says that, because his social views have since changed, he's not really proud of "Capitalism" any more.
- He's also gone on record as saying that recording the video for "Weird Science" was quite an ordeal. In an interview, he pretty much disavows his involvement with it.Interviewer: Was it miserable shooting it?
Danny: Yeah, and I deserved it... it's the one video that I did that I had nothing to do with.
Trivia / Oingo Boingo