- Continuity Nod: This movie digs deep into the Ultra Series canon like you wouldn't believe:
- The origins of The Land of Light via the Plasma Spark are shown on screen after years of it being just All There in the Manual.
- Blue Tribe Ultramen and Women are shown en masse with Hikari during the scenes on the Land of Light for the first time ever.
- A younger Father of Ultra is shown without his trademark "sideburns" in a flashback.
- Several Ultras from non-M78 Universe series appear during Belial's Curbstomp Battle, including Ultraman Neos, Ultraseven 21, Ultraman Max and his superior Xenon, Ultraman Powered and Ultraman Great, being their first on-screen appearance since the 90's
- Jonias from The Ultraman and Chuck, Beth, and Scott from Ultraman: The Adventure Begins also show up. Jonias makes his third-ever outing in live-action following Ultraman Legend and the movie Great Decisive Monster Battle with the USA team making their second-ever live-action appearance.
- Even Ultraman Boy shows up. As he hides for dear life from Belial's attack.
- Ultraman Leo training Zero is a throwback to how Ultraseven trained him during his series.
- Prop Recycling: Nearly every monster that appears was reused from a suit used in Ultraman Max, Ultraman Mebius, Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle, and Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers.
- Just like the original, Zaragas was remade from the Ultraman Max Gomora suit.
- Black King's head is modified from Femigon's from Ultraman Mebius (which is funny considering the original Femigon's head came from Kingsaurus III).
- Dark Baltan from Ultraman Max was used to represent the original Alien Baltan.
- Role Reprise:
- Shout-Out: The crystal-like structures of The Land of Light are directly influenced by the planet's look in the film Ultraman Story
- The planet where Leo trains Zero may also be a throwback to Planet Ferrant from the climax of that film.
Trivia / Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends