- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: Fawful is often cited as saying "I am the mustard of your doom!" This exact phrasing never appeared in any of the games and the mustard wasn't referenced in relation to himself, but to the Evil Plan he and Cackletta were carrying out. It was also part of a longer sandwich metaphor, which is often lost, making the phrase seem even more nonsensical than intended.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Bowser's Inside Story was not ported to the Wii U's Virtual Console before support for the system was dropped. This makes it the only game in the series that can't be purchased digitally, though it isn't particularly rare physically. This is no longer an issue since the announcement of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey, however.
- The Other Darrin: Coinciding with the vocal changes in the main Mario series, Bowser and Peach's voice actors have changed a couple of times throughout the series:
- In the first two games, Bowser was voiced by Scott Burns. Starting with Bowser's Inside Story, however, he's voiced by Kenny James.
- Peach went from Jen Taylor (Superstar Saga) to Nicole Mills (Partners in Time) to Samantha Kelly (Bowser's Inside Story).
Trivia / Mario & Luigi